all my children

RIVER sat in the living room, his nose buried in the book he was reading as Klaus sketched him from from the couch opposite, Kol by River's side, bored out of his mind.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!" River looked up, seeing Rebekah glaring at her brother as she made her way into the room, adorned in the same dress she had worn the night prior.

Kol stood, grinning as he stood in front of her.

"Get out of my way, Kol" Rebekah ordered.

"Out all night" River teased "What a scandal!"

"I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Kol questioned.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth" Rebekah threatened.

Klaus grinned, Rebekah taking note of the sudden change in expression on Klaus' face.

"Don't start, Nik!" Rebekah warned.

"I didn't say anything" Klaus smiled, exchanging a smirk with River.

"I'm bored" Kol whined "Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun, I need entertainment"

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it" Klaus sighed.

"It's not fun to go alone, join me, Nik!" Kol argued "It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart"

River stood, moving to place his book back on the shelf, dipping down towards Klaus.

"He's your brother" River stated "Go"

The witch leaned down, placing a finger under Klaus' chin, tilting his head upwards as he pressed a small but gentle kiss to his lips, Rebekah and Kol exchanging a knowing smirk.

"Okay, why not?" Klaus sighed as River pulled away "I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date"

Kol grinned as Klaus sent him a small glare.

 "Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in" Rebekah encouraged.

"Just like you, Bekah" Kol added.

River laughed as Rebekah threw her shoe at her brothers, both of them quickly leaving the room.

"Good riddance, both of you!" Rebekah called.

River laughed at the girl.

Elijah moved into the room, a furrowed look upon his face as he held a small stick of sage in his hand, the top burnt but stubbed out.

"Rebekah" Elijah greeted "River"

"Not you too, Elijah" Rebekah moaned.

"I'm worried about mother" Elijah stated "Have you not noticed her strange behaviour?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years" River grinned "What's strange for her?"