- 41 -

"Why didn't you tell me?" Calem's eyes were full of betrayal and anger. His eyebrows were furrowed. "I thought we were friends. I thought we were supposed to tell everything."

"Calem..." [Name] breathed out, she clutched her hands close to her chest. "I just...didn't know how to tell you."

"It didn't matter how you told me. I just wanted the truth," he replied, shaking his head and looking to the side. "It pains me, you know."

"I had no choice. You know that I would have told you, but..." [Name] closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "...but this was different. I was afraid of how you would react. I didn't think it was important at first."

"Wasn't important? Do you even...?" Calem trailed off as he let out a sigh. He turned his back against her. "I can't even look or talk to you."

[Name] stared at him with shock, raising her hand to touch him. "Cal..." She brought her hand back, knowing he wouldn't like that. "...I'm sure you're mom will send you another batch of cookies."

"No, she won't! She literally told me this was the last time she was going to send cookies," Calem barked, turning back to face her. "I was so excited waiting for them to arrive when I am met face to face with you stuffing your face with them. And you didn't even save any."

"Well, I mean...they looked and smelled good," [Name] pressed her fingers together, looking at Calem with a guilty expression. "And before I knew it, all the cookies were gone. I couldn't help myself."

"Mom! Do you hear what she just said?" Calem asked as he pointed at [Name] who only let out a nervous giggle. "She just confessed to eating my cookies!"

Anna shook her head through the screen, her arms crossed over her chest. "Now, now, Calem. It wasn't her fault. It was yours. You know the saying, first come, first serve. Besides, I specifically sent those for you and [Name]. So don't start complaining."

"But mom! She didn't leave any for me," Calem argued.

"That's not my problem," Anna responded as Calem dropped his head down.

"This is dumb," Calem muttered to himself, crossing his arms.

[Name] and Anna laughed at this reaction. It was a little mean to bully him like this, but they wanted to have a little fun with him. Calem should know this.

"Anyway, it was lovely seeing both of you again, but I have to get going. The house won't clean itself," Anna said, giving them a smile.

"Oh, before you go, will you come to watch us at the Kalos League?" [Name] asked, seeing as how Calem wasn't going to ask.

"Why of course I will, well that is if I have time. But if I don't, just know I'll be watching you through the TV," Anna replied as she winked. She turned her attention towards Calem and said, "And quit sulking, Calem. I promise I'll send you another batch of cookies."

Calem had a hopeful expression. "Really? That's—!"

"But don't get mad if [Name] gets it first," Anna smiled, raising one finger up.

"What?!" Calem exclaimed, reeling back in shock.

"Bye!" And with that, she hung up the call.

Calem started at his own reflection on the black screen, his mouth wide open and his eyes wide. [Name] stood next to him, looking the other way as she hid her mouth behind her hand, trying to contain the laughter. It only escaped when Calem pouted, crossing his arms as he looked like a child who got scolded.

~

Takeo laid asleep on a tree branch, enjoying the sunlight hitting its body. It opened its one eye upon hearing [Name] and Calem's voices followed by the sound of the Pokemon Center's doors closing behind them. It stood up and stretched its body, letting a small noise from relief. Takeo closed his eye, feeling the sun and wind. Once it had enough, Takeo jumped from the tree, landing on top of Calem's hat.