Chapter 20: The Note

"Mom.." "Shoto! I thought you were..." Rei hugged her son tight. "Mom... How have you been.. lately... I need to tell you something.." "I'm so happy.. now, Shoto.." "Mom...I actually need to say.. I am a ghost.." "Shoto, is this a joke?" "I wish it was."
Shoto finished visiting with his mother. Now, the fun part, scaring the crap out of his father.
~
Shoto found his father yelling at his siblings for no reason. Deciding to be blunt and quite frightening, he phased his hand through his father's head, in between the eyes.(He was not solid, unfortunately.) "WHAT IS THIS YOU TWO?!" "Not their doing." "What-?" Scumbag turned around. "What kind of lame trick is this, trying to scare me with a hologram?" "I can assure you that this is no trick." "You're just a hologram. Shoto is dead." Todoroki realized he was solid again and took advantage of this. He basically b*tch slapped Endeavor across the face.

"B̸̘̣̤̹̟̮͆́̋͊̎͑̌̍͝ͅe̵̢͓̞͎̻͚̜͌̊̐͐̀̕͠ļ̵̥̘̯̲̪̙̗̙̿͑i̷͔̣̟̘̪̅e̷̫̪͖̟̞̳̘͊̀̾̈́͛͌͜͝v̸̧̨̼͉̫̩̤̗̮̰̂͌̍̔̾͌͠ě̴̖͍̞͗ ̸̥̜̲̟̜͎̀͒́̀̓m̷͙̭̮̗͓͚̏͊̚ȇ̸͚̙̇̏̒̌͌̚̚͝ ̷̲̅̌̽̏̿n̴̩͙̦̰͕͐̈́̌̏̓͌ơ̶͔̊͛̐̔̀̑̇̕͝w̸͙̲̰̱͔̥͖̎̈́̓,̵̨̖̱͚͚͇͈̔̀́͂̑͝ ̴̼̭̖̲͈͕̐̃́́̓͑͝f̴̬͉̜͉̬̆́̀͆̋͗̌̕͝a̴̙̜͕̻̙̲̰͈̓̍́͘͜͝ţ̴̛̪͗͆̇̌͝͠ḣ̴̛̹͘ę̵̧̝̩͕͖̯̀̐̀͐̒̈̚͝r̶̤̪̯̺̩͉̊̃̇̍̃̃̌̄̈́?̴̡̢̜̲͇͆̄̎̄͌͠ ̴͙̬͓͙̠̱̖͙͓̒͊̈͛͒͊̍̕D̸̨̟̞̹̜̿̅͆ͅo̶̘͛́̉̃̒̅̏̒͝ͅn̸̡͉͎̪̖̹̰̞̒̽̔̌͊͛̂ͅ'̷̻͍̽̊̃̈́̈́̆͐̀ṫ̸̢̛̘̗͎̭̳͒̔̔́ ̵̦͔̜̽̈̋̊͌̂̓͂̐̇g̶̢͇̳̐̒̂̈́ͅė̶̞͙̼̦̹̌̑̓̉́̽̕ͅt̵̟̞́͂͂̈́̍̐̑̐̄̚ ̶̠̫̥͇̂̏̂̽̊̎̈̔̔͝m̵̱̖̦̦͇͖̣͋̅̆̏ą̶̗̬̫̜̝̂́̐͘̕ḑ̶̨̮̰̱̌̈́̔͂ ̸̡̦͌͒̀̓͊̈́͝ȃ̵̩̫̳̰̻̊͋͗̈́͋̏t̴̘̬̥̞̅̈̂̔͋͛̊̅͠͠ͅ ̸̧̖͖̻͙̗̹͍̩͙̌́͆t̴͓͕͕̻́h̷͗̚ͅe̷̝͉͈̠̘͂̈́̀̉̑͐̐͝͝ͅm̵͉̥͛͗̿̿͂͌͘͜͠.̴̡͓͘"

Scumbag was horrified. Then it turned to rage. He refused to believe that this was real. Todoroki could read his father's expression like a book, he too, was filled with rage, because he knew his father would take it out on his innocent siblings. The room grew cold. Ice cold. "Fuyumi and Natsuo have been there the entire time. How else would the room get so cold? A thermostat doesn't get this cold." Endeavor was raging, refusing to fall for this. Surely the two had figured out a way. Endeavor tried using his flames to warm up. No effect. "Quite an eerie, ghostly cold, isn't it?" "WHAT IS THIS?!" The temperature dropped more. "Stop taking this out on them. Angering a ghost could be the last thing you do. I can prove I am Shoto Todoroki. You harshly trained two of your sons when they were only five. One to death. You tried to cover it up as a quirk outburst, but you know you caused his supposed death." "You... really.. are..." "Yes. And goodbye. Someone is visiting me. You should know what I mean." He then warped away.
~
Todoroki watched the visitor leave a bouquet of red and white roses in a beautiful arrangement. Along with a note. The visitor was wearing a black jacket with the hood covering his head, as though trying not to be recognized. He then ran off, but Todoroki caught a glimpse of purple skin on the stranger's face. Maybe a fan who watched from the sports festival? Guess I'll look, they're gone.. Todoroki tried to pick up the note. But he phased through it. "Aw, dang it!" "Hey, Todoroki-kun!" "Midoriya, where did you-" "Been looking for you. I need to talk. Oh, who left the roses?" "Dunno. Couldn't see a face.. They left a note.." "What's it say?" "Haven't read it yet." "Oh." Deku then realized why. "Let's read it now, I can hold it."
~
~
~
Shoto, I can't stay long.
I wish I could, I really do.
It's me, Touya.
I wish I could've attended your funeral.
But, I am off the grid and intend to stay that way.
I came to pay my respects, and I hope you're happy, away from Father, away from pain.
But, hey, the old scumbag can't use you as a tool for his glory anymore.
I hope you can forgive me.. I regret leaving every single day, but I can't go back.
My respects,
Touya Todoroki.