27. news breaks, and so does my heart

~ second person pov~

Last night had seemed to be some sort of haze. You can remember why you weren't in your actual room, and remember Adam coming in to comfort you and apologize, but there were parts of last night you couldn't quite remember. What were we fighting about? Did it really matter?

You sat up in bed and rubbed your temples. Whatever caused you to fight last night clearly fucked up your head enough for a headache to form. You looked around the room, it was light outside, but slightly dark inside the room. The imprint of were Adam was laying, still there. You smiled to yourself, all you wanted in this moment was to hug him.

~your pov~

I pulled my body out of bed, after what felt like forever staring at the wall. I walked into mine and Adams real room, and yet he wasn't sitting where he normally would be. I shook my head trying to clear my mind and grabbed my phone. Checking the normal texts and emails, when something caught my eye on Entertainment tonight.

Entertainment tonight: ADAM BACK WITH MONICA? WHAT HAPPENED TO Y/N AND EVERYTHING WE KNOW!

The air caught in my lungs and I collapsed to the floor. The shirt he was wearing in the photo was the shirt I bought him. Two days ago. 'This can't be happening' I thought as I brought myself up and went through his stuff, looking for that stupid shirt, that couldn't be found in his belongings. The tears couldn't be stopped this time, nothing could stop them, nothing made sense.

I pulled up the article, this had to be some sort of sick fucking joke.

"This just in! Adam driver spotted out with recent ex Monica Bennet, but where in the world is Y/N? After Adam and Monica was spotted this morning at 7 am, a reliable source, and friend of dear Y/N reached out and had mentioned that the mini vacation they went on to visit her family, had been anything less than amazing. We asked if they had any more details they could give us, before we lost connected with them, we got told of a fight that had occurred earlier this week. So now the real question is, what's going to happen to the used-to-be perfect couple?"

I swiped out of that stupid article, and started reading the rest of the headlines.

"Perfect couple BREAKS UP! Monica in the center?"

"Close friend reaches out, our perfect couple NOT so perfect?"

"What does Monica know about Adam and Y/N that we don't?"

"Adam back with Monica! Y/N HEARTBROKEN"

I couldn't help myself. I threw my phone against the nearest wall. 'What in the fuck happened while I was asleep? Did he move on that quickly over something so small? A fight? A fight was all it took for him to just decide he was done? When did Monica come to New York? Why me' I thought. Tears just running down my cheeks, when of course, timing had to make things even worse.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Aria asked, and I felt such a strong, boiling rage build inside of me.

---------

heyy!!! i know this is super short, but i promise, the next chapter will not disappoint, at least not length wise ;)