Pt.10: Failure

Time seemed to stop.

I cried and cried, but nothing will work.

This failure..

Will always be a burden on my shoulders.

"Taka..?" I heard a voice from behind me... and I knew exactly who it was.
"Mondo... go away.."
"No.. just... try and calm down, okay—"
"No." I snapped. "What do you care?! You said you hated me, remember? REMEMBER?!"
"Calm down Taka!" Naegi shouted.
"Can't." That was my only reply. I stood up, and shoved Kyodai.

"Well?! Do you hate me or not?!" Tears continued to stream down my face.
"Listen.. that was just to knock some sense into you..." He mumbled.
"Oh, so that was a lie, huh?!" My tolerance is very fragile now.. hopefully, I don't get that mad at him.
"Yeah.. I guess it was.." Kyodai looked to the ground.
"Ohoho, so it's okay for you to lie and not me?! Why?! Why Kyodai?!" I screamed.

"Listen.. to save everyone else, your lie needed to be seen through." He calmly responded.
"Who cares about everyone else?! Who cares about me?! I just wanted you to survive, that's all!" I cried.
"...Taka." Kyodai looked me in the eyes. "It's alright. You'll be alright.."
"No I won't! Why the hell would I?! You'll be gone, Chihiro will be gone, who else am I supposed to care about?! There's no one else for me to live for!" I wish that wasn't true.. him and Chihiro were really my only friends..

"Upupupu..~" Everyone turned from us to Monokuma. He better not do anything to Kyodai.. "This is so sad.. almost sad enough to make a grown bear cry." He stood, and pointed at me. "Mr. Ishimaru! Meet me after the punishment is over!" His one eye glowed with malice. "I have something special to give you.."
"Alright.." I mumbled in response, immediately turning my attention back to Kyodai.
"I wonder what he wants to give you.." Kyodai softly muttered.

"Where was I.." I sighed.
"You were saying... you don't have anyone to live for after this, right..?" Kyodai looked sadder then I'd ever seen him.
"..Right..." Being reminded triggered more tears.

"Taka.. I promise you, you'll be fine without me." He smiled.
"Why.. why are you smiling..?" I asked him.
"I'm smiling because.. I know... you'll be just fine.." Kyodai slowly started to tear up himself. That made me cry more.
"I won't! I won't, Kyodai!" I threw my fist at my place in the trial grounds.
"You will! I know it..!" He seemed to be getting more and more unsure as time progressed.
"You don't sound like you know it.." I told him through tears.

"Well.." He sighed. "I'm just going to believe in you. I believe that you'll be fine.." Kyodai spoke softly, like he was comforting an upset child.
"I won't Kyodai..! Do I look fine..?!" I was running out of breath from crying so much.
"Well.. no..." Before he could finish, I interrupted him.
"See?! I'm not fine! I'm not okay..!" I cried.
"You're gonna be okay.." He calmly responded.
"NO I'M-" That was more then I've pushed my voice in awhile. Before I could finish, I fell to the ground...

..choking.

"Taka!" Kyodai fell to my level.
"Sorry.. I'm just not used to yelling that loudly..." I told him, catching my breath.
"But.. don't you yell all the time?" Hiro butted in.
"I do sometimes to tell people what to do.. but if I go any louder then that... I would get punished for not using an inside voice, that's all.." I mumbled.
"..Punished...?" Kyodai asked.
"For not being perfect.. it's nothing..." I sighed.
"But Taka—"
"We're not talking about that right now. Just.." I stood back up. "..Let's continue."
"..Okay, Anki.." Kyodai then got back up as well.
"Distractions are everywhere, Kyodai." I sighed.

"Anyways.. I know that you'll be okay.." He continued.
"I won't." I immediately responded.
"You will, just..." Kyodai took my hands in his. "Please.. try.. try to be okay..." His pretty lavender eyes looked.. scared. I must look pretty scared too..
"..I... I can try.. I guess..." It got calmer. I got calmer. He's right.. I'll be fine...
"Good. Now.." He turned to Monokuma. "I think it's punishment time."