Pt.12: Sabotage

I woke up to the morning announcement holding Kyodai's jacket. Smiling, I whispered to it.
"G'morning Mondo.. I'm gonna try and do something today..." I told it. "Don't worry.. I won't let anymore deaths happen..."

Putting the jacket on over my own, I left my room and went to the dining hall.

"Taka!" I heard Hina call. "Are you doing okay?" I didn't respond, but I did give her a silent nod.
"You don't seem like it, here I'll get you something to eat." Hiro suggested. Honestly I'm not hungry. He walked off to go get something anyways.
Other people said stuff, but I wasn't paying attention. I was thinking about my plan to..

..break Monokuma.

It's the only way to momentarily distract the mastermind, in my opinion at least. I'll need Naegis help, but I know I can do it. I'll be the one to get us out of here!
Silently, I walked over to Naegi, grabbed his wrist, and left the room.
"Ah! Taka, where are you taking me?!" I can't tell him just yet.

We need to find a spot where I won't get caught. The logical spot is the bathroom. So, I speed-walked to the nearest boys bathroom. There was a camera, but in the corner of my eye I spotted a closet. A janitors closet. It was a closed space, and there didn't seem to be any cameras, so I considered it a go.

"Taka! Why are we-"
"Sh." I immediately shushed him. "It's important that we stay quiet." I'm not aware on how thin the door is, so we need to be quiet. I heard something outside the door. I immediately thinned my breathing and covered Naegi's mouth.

"What are you boys doing in the closet, hm~? Didn't you both already come out?" That was Monokuma.
"I got this." I whispered to him, even though I was the only one who *could* deal with this. Slowly, I peeked my head out from behind the door. "Ah Monokuma! You don't want to know, it's verrryyy unwholesome." Listen, I want to scare him off.
"Ohoho~! Ishimaru, I didn't know you were the type to cope with losing a lover like thatttt~! And egg! Look at you, ya little cheater! The more despair the better, I guess~!" Okay I deeply regret that lie. "Well, have fun you two! Don't get too dirty~ upupupu~"
That's all it took. At least my lie worked, right?

Quickly, I closed the door.
"What the f-" I covered Naegi's mouth again.
"That's an obvious lie. I just need your help with something important." Quietly, I whispered in his ear. "Do you know how to jump a killer robot?"
"Huh? Are you talking about Monokuma?" He asked me.
"Of course. I can't tell you why, but I need to overthrow him." I told him with confidence. "All you need to know is.. I'll get everyone out of here. I promise."

His eyes widened with pure surprise. I don't think he expected me to be so determined.
"..Okay. This is insanity, but okay. What do you need me to do?" He asked with hesitation.
"Distract him. That's all I need. The mastermind can't be controlling him, and looking at the cameras, right?"

He smiled, forming a look of determination.
"I figured someone as smart as you would figure something important out. Good job, Taka!" I smiled back at him. Clenching his fist, he seemed ready already. "When are we gonna do this!?"
"Tonight during nighttime. Sure, we're not supposed to be out then but.. I think we'll do better then." He nodded, and we agreed we'll meet right after the nighttime announcement. Together, we left the closet and went off to do our own thing.
"Please don't become the next victim, alright? By Monokuma I mean. I believe in you." He gave me another smile, and then walked off with pure confidence.

-

In an instant, it was already nighttime. We'd been exploring the new floor all day and for some reason the game room really peaked my interest. I played chess with Hiro a lot throughout that time.

I got up from my spot in the room and headed back to my room. We were supposed to meet inside the gift shop but I wanted to put Mondos jacket in a safe spot first. I don't want to dirty it. I quickly placed it on the bed, and made my way to the door.