Pt.13: Traitor

"...you will become my assistant. The traitor!"

"..huh?" My eyes widened. "..Traitor...?"
"You heard it right! It was the ogre.. but I don't need her anymore~!" Monokuma giggled.
"Do you mean.. Ogami...? Why would she.."
"I'm telling her she's off the hook! You will become my ultimate assistant~!" His eye glowed.

I just stood there, not knowing how to feel. Me? A traitor?

"Report to me what people are planning almost every day~! That's it!" Monokuma giggled.
"That's.. it..?" Shaken up, I looked down at him.
"Yep~! No one will suspect you either, since you're all goody two shoes!" I get the feeling he's lying, but I'll go along with it. "Okay. I understand." Closing my eyes, I looked away.
"Actually.. for your first duty..." I paused, terrified. "..behave. Or else I'll make you kill Naegi yourself. Maybe Hiro.. oh the choices..~!"

How could he..?

"Alright.. I'll behave... just don't hurt my friends.." It took me a moment to respond.
"Hey.. didn't you say you didn't have any friends left? Hm., that changed quickly..~ upupupu..~" I glared at him.
"Don't test me, Monokuma. I'm stronger than you think."
"Oh hush! I'll blow your face clean off!" He looked me dead in the eyes. "And tell that to you a few days ago..~"
"My best friend and lover was about to be EXECUTED! How could I not cry?! You'd have to be even more soulless than Togami to not cry at your lover's death!" I growled at him, kinda like how Kyodai used to..

Monokuma laughed, it sounded a bit different than his normal one.

"Upupu.. whatever you say..~" In a hurry, he shoved me.
I collapsed to the floor.
"Hey!" Rubbing my arm, I got up and glared at him.
"That was just for fun..~" He grabbed my wrist, and dragged me all the way up to the 4th floor. I sat in a chair and he sat in the other. "Now..~"

"What're you disgusting children plotting right now, hm~?"

I didn't know. This morning all I did was grab Makoto, I didn't really listen.

"If I'm being honest.. I don't know. I barely went to the dining hall today.. and when I was playing games with Hiro, we were just having a tiny bit of fun. I don't really have anything to report to you right now.." I mumbled to him.
"Okayyy~! Now get out and go to bed!" I flinched, and immediately ran to the door. He slammed it the second I got out. I fell on my face.

"What now..?"

I was planning on overthrowing him, but now I don't really know about that. It felt like about an hour passed. Tensely, I made my way downstairs. The gate came plummeting down the second I reached the 3rd floor. I fidgeted with my scarf as I reached the second floor. As expected, it took me a second to pass the pool. It hurts to be on this floor, really. I made my way downstairs and to the dorms to find..

"Taka! You're alright, right? I brought Hiro." ..Makoto. Just standing there waiting for me. It seems like he woke up Hiro just for extra support.
"Heyo!" Hiro waved. I thought about telling them what just happened but I know I would get destroyed by Monokuma if I do..

I silently waved back to him, sighing.
"I'm fine."
"You don't seem fine.." Makoto looked me dead in the eyes. "What happened?"
"I can't tell anyone.. *especially* you guys.." I mumbled.
"Aww why? It's not like you'd die.. right...?" Hiro sounded kinda nervous.
"I wouldn't.." I looked at Makoto. "..But someone else will.." I saw him tense up. Maybe he got the memo? "I'm just gonna go." I speed-walked away from my two friends, trying to get to my dorm.
"Hey! Wait up!" I heard Hiro follow me. I'm pretty sure Makoto did too.

I just kept walking, eventually shutting my door on them. Sure, I felt bad, but I can't tell them anything about what just happened. I can't risk it either. I sat on my bed, thinking.