Pt.5: Lost To Despair

I was almost thrown onto the floor by Mondo. He's panicking, so I can't blame him. I wonder what happened to her.. my only other friend.. Chihiro.
"Taka, I'll tell you about that later! I need to find Chihiro!" He told me, turning around for a split second only to continue running. Rubbing my head, I got up and sluggishly ran after Kyodai and Naegi down the dimly lit hallway. Everyone was crowding around Chihiro's door except for a few people like Togami. I sighed, as I approached the crowd.
"Is everyone.. well..with the exception of Toko and Byakuya.. here?" Naegi asked, snagging everyone's attention.
"It looks like it." Kirigiri responded.
"Good. Now—"
"Move!" Mondo recklessly shoved Naegi out of the way.
"K-kyodai!"I stuttered, reaching for him.
"Don't get in my way, Taka!" Flinching, I looked to the ground and helped Naegi up off the ground. Kyodai made his way to the door through the crowd, and slammed his palms on it. "CHIHIRO! OPEN THE DOOR!" Mondo backed away from the door for a second to listen. There was no answer. "Open. The. DOOR." He demanded, slamming his arms flat against it. "Come on..!" Kyodai growled, slamming his fist against the door once more. "He can't be.." All of a sudden, Mondo turned to the crowd. "Stay back, all of you." For some reason my mind thought 'All of you' meant everyone but me. "That includes you, Taka." ..Until he said that. I flinched at the mentioning of my name.
"A-ah! Right!"
Right then, everyone stepped back. Mondo backed up and got into some position to..
Oh. Oh no. H-he's going to break the door down..!
With that thought in mind, I saw Kyodai start to charge at the door. As I watched, I let that thought control me and ran after him. He hit the door with full force, shattering the hinges and knocking it down. We both fell to the floor, him on the door and me on him.
"Yes! It worked!" He shouted, not knowing that I was currently on him.
"I tried to stop him.." I mumbled to myself, accidentally catching Kyodai's attention.
"Eh?" He turned his head back, to the point of where we made eye contact. "a-aH! W-W-WHAT THE HELL, KIYOTAKA?!" Mondo screeched, becoming a bright pink.
"Oh.. did I anger you?" I sadly looked to the floor, sitting up.
"..N-no.. just g-get off.." He stuttered. Wow, I've never seen Kyodai so nervous except for that one time earlier.
"Why? Is there something wrong with this positioning?" Confused, I made eye contact with him again. He was now a dark shade of red.
"...I-I shouldn't answer that. You're too pure." Pure? Am I really that innocent? Could he be referring to something unwholesome— wait. I know now. Oh my gosh why didn't I realize that? Turning around I saw most of the class giggling and a few others like Naegi in confusion. Then, Mondo sighed and sat up, knocking me off of him. I fell to the ground and rubbed where I got hurt.
"Ow.." I said still rubbing my lower back.
"Now.. what were we..?" Mondo seemed to have forgotten on why we were even here. He glanced around only to realize what our current situation was again. "Oh.. right, CHIHIRO I'M COMING..!" Kyodai yelled, getting up. I got up too for the same purpose. He marched deeper into Chihiro's room, frantically looking around.
"Everyone else stay here!" I ordered the remaining students. Everyone nodded and I proceeded to follow Mondo.
"She's not here..!" Kyodai muttered, set aback.
"Nowhere?" I asked him bluntly.
"Yeah! Are you blind?! She's not here!" He snapped. It was right for him to snap though. That was pretty stupid of me to ask.
"Yeah.. we should go che—" Mid-sentence, something caught my eye.

The bathroom.

We haven't checked it yet, and the door is closed. Girls doors have locks, right? Hopefully we don't have to break down another door. "Hang on.." I mumbled to Mondo.
"Okay..? What're you....?" Kyodai confusedly watched as I approached the bathroom door. I put my hand on the doorknob and to my surprise.. it turned.
"What..?" I quietly asked myself. 'Is it broken?'
"Oh.. we didn't check there." I heard Kyodai say from behind me. Now, let's not worry about the doorknob right now, let's worry about Chihiro! I burst open the door, and what caught my eye..
Wasn't a body.
Chihiro was there. Alive too. She was curled up facing away in a corner of her shower with her face in her knees, slowly rocking back and forth. I could hear the smallest of mumbling, something along the lines of 'Hope will always win'? Sounds kind of like a guy I met once. He was in one of my middle school classes, and kept talking about hope.
"C-chihiro..?" Mondo quietly asked. Slowly, she turned her head from the corner of the shower.. and all I saw in her eyes was.. utter despair. I stepped towards her, trembling at her evil aura.
"What.. happened to you..?" As soon as I asked that, she creepily looked into my eyes. "H-hey.. you're creeping me out here.." I mumbled, now trembling even more.
"Heh.. heh heh.. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe..!" Now she was laughing?!
"W-w-what's so funny?!" I gulped, scared of the response. Chihiro got up and turned to me, hands behind her back.
"Noootttthhhhiiinngggg~" She creepily smiled, her stare digging into my memory.
"A-ack-!" I flinched and instinctively started to back away. Chihiro immediately started to come closer. "N-no.. this i-isn't like you.." I muttered to her as I felt myself hit the corner of the bathroom. Kyodai looked like he was just watching stuff play out. That just means he trusts me, right? Right! Let's not let him down! Determinedly, I looked back to Chihiro.. but didn't see her. "..Huh? Where's..."
"TAKA LOOK OUT!" I heard Kyodai yell from the door frame.
"What—" Suddenly, a blade slashed my arm. I collapsed to the floor, holding the wound.  "T-t-thats where she went.." I mumbled under my breath. My breathing was really heavy. Mondo was now more into the room like he thought about blocking Chihiro but rethought it. I turned my head upwards to see Chihiro holding a knife above me, creepily smirking.
"Goodbye Kiyotaka." She murmured as she thrust the knife towards me. I braced for impact..
But felt nothing.
I opened my eyes to see Mondo standing in front of me.
"Oww.." He was clutching his side.
"W..w-w.. why.." I stuttered. That's really all I can say. "WHY?!" I stood up, forgetting about my own wound.
"T-taka.. I'm fine.. it barely.. *cough*..grazed me.." Kyodai mumbled below me.
"N-no you're not! You've got a big slit on your side and coughed up a bit of blood, is that what you would call fine?!" I shouted, looking down at him.
"I mean.. I guess not.." He weakly smiled, blushing a bit.
"I-I.." Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore. We both have wounds, but his is worse. Chihiro is the one who gave us those wounds. Something.. must've happened to her. I guess I can forgive her for my wound but.. not Mondo's. I wouldn't forgive anyone for that. All I can do.. is stand there in silence.
"I came to help!" I heard Naegi call from outside the bathroom. As soon as he stepped foot in the bathroom, he gasped. "O-oh no.."
"Help Mondo out of here and treat his wounds.." I told Naegi, quietly.
"Got it! But.. what about you? You have blood all over one side of your uniform, and it's cut open!" Of course he asks about me. That's expected of him, he's a really nice guy. But I can't acknowledge that right now.
"Don't worry, just take him and go! Leave Chihiro and I be.. I just wanna talk.." Or.. I'm hoping we'll just talk. It's a gamble at this point.
"Okay..!" Naegi then helped Mondo up, and they left the room.
"..." It's just me and her now. I wonder.. what should I do. Wait. You know what I should do? Do you? Well.. I DO.