Pt.8: Trial Start!

Tw: Mentioning of self harm is included in this chapter

I shakily entered the elevator, thinking about what Naegi could possibly want to talk to me about. He couldn't have had something to point the blame at me.. right?

Luckily, Mondo was there. I clung to his arm the entire time out of nervousness.

The elevator door slowly opened, and we were finally forced to do another trial of life and death. What a cruel place this is..

We got to our positions, and Monokuma started the trial. It started off slow, and quickly turned into Togami trying to prove that Genocider Jack did it. It turns out that Fukawa *is* Genocider but isn't? Also she calls herself Genocider Syo.

More time passed by and Naegi was pinning the blame on Togami. Somehow they solved that.. and.. uh WHAT?!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the thing Naegi just said.

"Wait. Naegi.. say that one more time?"

"Alright.. Fujisaki.. has to be actually a guy!" Naegi confidently repeated. That.. changes things. I had no idea. I wonder.. did Kyodai know?

People were shocked, but we relentlessly continued the trial. Something about a broken handbook was brought up and Naegi came to the conclusion that the killer is a guy.

That leads us to the present..

"Wait. I can't believe I forgot.." Naegi mumbled. That caught the attention of everyone else on the trial grounds. "Taka.. there's evidence that might link to the case found in your room."
"W-what?" I looked towards Naegi, a shocked expression forming across my face. I guess this is what he wanted to talk about..
"Byakuya and I found it." He looked towards Togami, who was waiting for his turn to talk.
"There were critical pieces of evidence laid in plain sight, just out in the open." Togami then looked back at Naegi. "Tell em' Makoto."
"Ah, okay Byakuya." Naegi turned back to everyone else, took on breath, then..

"Hey! Naegi I don't know what you're trying to say here but if you're blaming this on Anki, you've got it all wrong!" That was Kyodai's voice.
"What do *you* know?" Togami butted in.
"I *know* that my boyfriend wouldn't do anything like that." Mondo sounded angry- wait. B-boyfriend?!
"K-kyodai I don't think we've decided that yet-"
"Shhh.. I'm lecturing the living french fry can't talk now, Taka." He responded, shushing me. "Now.. he wouldn't do anything like that, stop being an ass."

People were whispering. A lot of people were whispering.

"Uh, congrats dude." Hiro shrugged, then turned around and started to what I assume celebrate in his head.. I guess him and Chihiro really were hooked on getting Kyodai and I together, huh?
"Yeah, congrats!" Hina agreed.
"Not the time for congratulations." I sighed.

"Well *mine* isn't stupid. Makoto is onto something and I won't let you get in the way with your foolish emotions." Togami glared.

"Congrats to you too, Naegi." Hiro turned to Naegi, smiling, then celebrating again.
"Save it for later.." He awkwardly smiled.

"You want to fight?! I would *love* to beat up a prick like you!" Kyodai growled.
"Ohoho.. like you could even touch me. Go ahead and try, narwhal." Togami soullessly responded, glaring.
"Byakuya.. i-it's fine just let me finish what I need to say.." Naegi mumbled, grabbing his suit a bit to catch his attention.
"Fine. But only if *that* backs off." Togami sighed.
"He is not a that!" I snapped, before turning to Kyodai. "Calm down, okay? Let Naegi state his evidence."
"Ugh.. I guess." Kyodai looked to the ground, and finally the trial was back on track.

Naegi walked back to his position and so did I. I slowly braced myself for what he was going to say. After all, I'm not the culprit.

"Alright, time for a debate!" Naegi shouted. Almost immediately, Kyodai went off.
"Taka can't be the culprit!" He shouted.
"What do *you* have to prove that?" Togami argued.
"I have my own hope!" Kyodai rebutted.
"I don't think it's that simple man.." Hiro mumbled.
"Oh my. It seems we have eh.. what we call a defensive lover." Celeste stated.
"Yeah.. there's nothing simple to this." Kirigiri stated.
"It *is* fuckin' simple! There were no traces of blood or weapons in his room!"