Pt.14: Broken Promises

Laying on the ground in front of me, was one of my classmates. Someone.. I would've never expected to save Togami.

The person I had just shot...

..was Aoi Asahina.

"Gh.. Taka.. what were you doing..?!" She weakly coughed. "Sure, he's a terrible human being but.. no one deserves to die! Do you.. know how sad Makoto would be?! I thought you were.. our friend!" As she spoke, she slowly sunk to the ground.
I felt the whole world spinning around me. I felt like I'd collapse at any second.

I'd shot the person here with the biggest heart.

"Come on..! The death of Owada leads to this..?! What the hell's the matter with you..?!" Hina paused in pain. "You know... I really thought you were a good person. Turns out I was wrong. Before you get executed.. tell Sakura to keep on living... for me.. and that I wish I could see her... just once more.."
She seemed like she could go at any second..

"I..." Finally, I got a word out. "..Aoi... I'm really sorry..." It had just now hit me. What I was doing.. was wrong. I shouldn't let the bear control me. "It was.. Monokuma's doing... he..-"

I was cut off by myself hitting the floor. I don't know if I had fainted from pressure or someone hit me over the head. The next thing I know it, I woke up to a few people surrounding me.

"Taka! You're finally awake!" I was in the nurses office. "I was worried." It was Makoto I had heard. I looked to my left to see Hiro.. and Fukawa.
"Why.. is Fukawa here?" I asked Makoto.
"Oh.. she was told to come with us by Kyoko. The main suspect right now is.. Byakuya."
Okay.. so no one thinks it's me.
"..we also think he tried to kill you too. I don't know why he would do such a thing, he promised me.." Makoto sounded sad. I shouldn't tell him I did it but.. a part of me wants to. "Do you remember anything, Taka..?"

Shoot. What do I do...

"Y-yeah.. Byakuya told me to meet him near the gift shop. I hadn't known he had a gun.. turns out he got it from the library.. It was the one I had when we tried to take out Monokuma. Aoi had tried to protect me but then she.. died.. and I was knocked out."
Too late now. I had already told him yet another lie.. how corrupt have I become..?

"I see. Well.. we'll see if you remembered correctly.. you seemed to have taken a weak blow to the head, so I wouldn't entirely depend on your memory.." It felt like I had hurt Makoto even more. None of which I told him was true, which lead him to believe even more that his lover is the killer. Great going, Kiyotaka. "Do you want to go to the crime scene..?"
"..Yeah." I slowly got up out of the bed, my head spinning quite a bit.
"Dizzy..?" He asked.
"No.. I'm fine." As I responded, I turned away and walked out the door. I heard them talk for a little while, then heard someone follow me.

"Hey, Taka.!"
"Oh.. hi Hiro." I tried my best not to make eye contact, I don't know if I could do that without bursting into regretful tears right now. "Where are the other two?"
"Back in the nurses office. Naegi said he had to lay down for a little while, then you know how Fukawa is.."
"Okay.." Poor Makoto. Everything is ruined for him.. because of me.

We had arrived at the crime scene, which things already looked pretty different. The gun had skid across the floor to where Togami was standing. Might explain why they don't suspect me. Aoi was right where she was before...
"Ishimaru." I jumped. Kirigiri had taken me by surprise. "This is unfortunate.. she was so determined too." I looked to the ground, regret filling my mind.
"..Yeah.." I mumbled.
"We had discovered that she suffered from a single shot wound to the chest." Kirigiri handed me my Monokuma file. I read it quietly to myself.

"The victim is Aoi Asahina, the Ultimate Swimming Pro. At 9:34 PM, she was shot with a single bullet near her heart that proved fatal, in the 1st floor hallway. No other injuries are present and the shot wound seems to be fresh."