Pt.11: The Truth

"...What..?" I quietly responded.
"You heard it right! I have some memories that you'll be very fond of..." Monokuma repeated. "And guess what? They have to do with your lovey dovey bromance you had going on! Isn't that exciting?"

Mondo...

"...Alright.. give me them..." I spoke quietly and averted eye contact.

What could I have forgotten that had to do with Kyodai..? Didn't.. didn't we not know each other before this...?

"Okie dokie! Sit here!" Monokuma pointed to a spinning chair in the center of the room.
"..." I silently took my place in the chair. He pulled out a big bulky light, that looked like just a normal flashlight.
"This is called a flashback light!" He stated. "Once I turn it on, you'll get the memories I selected back!"

There's.. there's more memories then this..? What have I forgotten...

The second Monokuma flipped the switch, everything went white and I felt like there was.. information warping through my body. Then.. it went black for a second. I saw.. myself... in a school that kinda looked like our Hopes Peak.. only the windows were uncovered. I was peeking around the door at what looked like a class. And in that class... was everyone else. Including Kyodai..

I felt the thoughts I had at that hazy time flood back.

"Alright.. I'm going to tell him soon..."

..That must be about my crush on him..

"He's my first ever friend though.. and I don't want to scare him off..."

So.. he was my first friend?

"But with the help of Chihiro.. I bet I can do this correctly..."

..Okay.. so Chihiro helped me then too..?

"Okay! I'll do that tomorrow!"

So.. I was planning on it... did I do it..? I don't think...

The memory cut out then and there. What happened afterwards? Did something happen..? And.. when was this...?
I snapped back to reality, which.. it seemed like in reality I started to cry cause my eyes were damp.
"Wellll~?" Monokuma asked, smirking.

I started crying again.

"You bastard! Of course you waited until now to show me that!" I snapped.
"You seem feisty today~!" Monokuma laughed.
"Of course I am! You just killed my first friend and lover and-" Out of breath, I sighed. "I hate it here."
"Isn't that the point? Upupupu..~" He giggled, then became somewhat serious.

"Don't tell anyone about that memory.. you could end up figuring out my secret!"
"...What are you going to do if I do?" I sourly responded.
"Hmm.. maybe I could... kill one of your living friends?" My eyes widened at his words. Who would he kill.. "Oh wait. Do you even have any?" He laughed, then made eye contact with me. "How about Naegi, hm? He's sooooo nice to you, so he would be the *perfect* kill!"
"Don't. Touch. Him." I immediately growled.
"Maybe.. Hiro~? Weed man has been in your little squad this entire time!" Monokuma evilly laughed more.
"You won't touch either of them!" I tried to hit him, but he dodged it.
"Hey! Violence against the headmaster is against the regulations!" He argued. Sighing, he continued. "Anyways.. then keep your dirty little loud mouth shut.. or else..."

I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"I'll end them both. A double execution..~"

My eyes widened with fear.
"YOU. WON'T. TOUCH. THEM." I snapped.
"Then keep your stupid mouth shut! It's really not that hard.." Monokuma responded.
"But- you just told my crucial information- and we have some pretty amazing people on our side, and-"
"OKAY OKAY! Stop rambling!" Monokuma's eye glowed. "That's exactly why I don't want you to tell them..~"