❧ ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ & ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

A/N: A request by YuHa_04! It's my man's fanfiction once again!! Much love, please stay healthy and happy. On a side note, for this story, let's forget about the fact that Yoriichi has no descendent.

Because here, he has!! This means his wife and unborn child didn't die until old age! Which means there is going to be a background draft for this reader!

Enjoy!

[ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ]

Kanji: 日ノ出 [name]
Romanji: Hinode [name]
This surname means "Sunrise" in Japanese.

Race: Human
Gender: Female
Age: 10(Before Joining the Corps) 18(After Joining), 20
Hair Color: Black to Red
Eye Color: Maroon

[ᴀꜰꜰɪʟɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ]

Occupation: Sun Hashira/Demon Slayer
Combat Style: Breath of Sun

[ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴜꜱ]

Status: Alive

[ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴠᴇꜱ]

Tsugikuni Michikatsu(Ancestor)
Tsugikuni Yorriichi(Ancestor)
Unnamed Grandparents(Deceased)
Unnamed Parents(Deceased)
Hinode Haruki- Younger Brother(Alive)

She owns a set of hanafuda earrings that Yoriichi's wife had made for her child and have been passed down for generations, including the Breath of Sun technique which soon turned hazy and lost its name, which she decided to use the meaning of her family name to name the combat style.

Not knowing that it was the original Breath of Sun.

Note: Yoriichi still visits Tanjiro's ancestor and handed him the hanafuda earrings as well according to the manga.

[ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ]

Kanji: 日ノ出 陽輝
Romanji: Hinode Haruki
This surname means "Sunrise" in Japanese.

Race: Human
Gender: Male
Age: 7(Before Joining the Corps) 15(After Joining), 17
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Purple

[ᴀꜰꜰɪʟɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ]

Occupation: Moon Hashira/Demon Slayer
Combat Style: Breath of Moon

[ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴜꜱ]

Status: Alive

[ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴠᴇꜱ]

Tsugikuni Michikatsu(Ancestor)
Tsugikuni Yorriichi(Ancestor)
Unnamed Grandparents(Deceased)
Unnamed Parents(Deceased)
Hinode [name] - Older Sister(Alive)

WE ARE POWERFUL! ON TO THE PROLOGUE!

--

[ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ]

"[name], remember to put on the hanafuda earrings!" her mother called out and [name] hummed in response then as she just got out of the shower and proceeded to grab hold of the hanafuda earrings that were placed neatly onto the table.

"Nee-san! Nee-san!" and [name] hummed in response as she turned to look Haruki who had on a bright smile then as he came up to his older sister and stretched his arms up. [name] then laughed softly to herself as she picked Haruki up with ease and they both looked into the mirror.

"Happy Birthday, Nee-san!" Haruki called out and [name] hummed in response then. She then noticed how Haruki was excited to celebrate her birthday, and she couldn't help but let out a soft sigh then.

"Mother! Haruki and I are going to be playing in the snow," [name] called out and her mother yelled back a loud 'okay' in response and [name] carried Haruki out into the snow then where the sun was setting and the light from their house softly illuminates the snow that piled around.

"Hide and seek! Hide and seek!" Haruki called out and [name] nodded her head then as she stood somewhere near the entrance of her house and covered her eyes. She had on a gentle smile then as she started to count down.

"Ready or not, here I come!" [name] called out as she placed her hands down and her maroon eyes widened then. Her blood ran cold as she looked at the horrible state of her house.

"What happened?" she whispered to herself. The lights in her house flickered a whole lot. The atmosphere surrounding her house was tensed. [name] slowly walked into her house then as she could hear the creaking coming from the floor she stepped upon.

Her hand reaching out as she grabbed hold of her father's sickle that had been staying in the same position for a long time ever since he passed away due to sickness.

"Nee-san! Help me!" and [name]'s maroon eyes widened as she started to run towards the backyard of their house. Her breath hitched then as she looked at the bloodied dead body of her mother that remained in the backyard where she was busy washing the clothes earlier on.

"Nee-san!" Haruki yelled out and [name] quickly looked towards where Haruki was, quivering as he took a step back. [name], without thinking much as she lunged forward towards the being that tried to attack her younger brother.

Haruki watched as [name] unleashes two horizontal slashes to hit the demon from the side. Haruki's eyes widened then as he could see the faint image of flames engulfing the sickle that [name] held as she leaps behind the demon and spins in the air while releasing a flaming attack in a circular motion, slicing off the demon's head.

"Haruki!" [name] called out as she quickly ran to her younger brother and engulfed him in a tight hug then. She felt his body trembling in fear and [name] could only continue to have her arms wrapped around her younger brother's body and tried to soothe his fear.

"It's okay, it's okay. Nee-san is here, don't worry," she whispered out and her maroon eyes widened as she grabbed hold of her sickle and soon swipe it across as she heard footsteps and the sound of the sickle clashing against a blade was heard.

"Nice. Great reflexes," a voice spoke out and [name] narrowed her maroon eyes slightly then as she looked at who stood before her. She swallowed the lump in her throat then as he looked at an old man who was terribly short.

"And who might you be?" Haruki asked and [name]'s eyes widened as she quickly pinched Haruki's cheek.

"Haruki, manners!" she spoke out and Haruki had on a slight pout then.

"What a feisty child, I'm Kuwajima Jigoro. A demon slayer," and Jigoro soon held his small hand out to [name], causing her to look confusedly then.

"Care to join?"