❧ 09. ᴄᴀʀᴇ

OH MY GOD, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME?!" [name] yelled as she sat up on the futon she laid in and the cloth soon dropped into her hands instead. Haruki then let out a sigh then as he slowly was being escorted out of the estate by a kakushi.

As both siblings had to be separated due to their high fever.

"WHY DID YOU GET SICK?! HOW COULD YOU GET SICK?!" Sanemi snapped, and [name] noticed he was losing his mind then.

"THE HELL?! I'M A HUMAN BEING! JUST BECAUSE I'M A HASHIRA, DOESN'T MEAN I WON'T FALL SICK! WHAT ARE YOU, STUPID?!" she snapped and hit Sanemi on the head harshly. Sanemi then scowled in response as he narrowed his pale purple eyes at [name].

He was so worried when he heard about [name] falling sick after the mission where he was sent to help her out, and immediately dropped whatever he was making and rushed to the Butterfly Estate and waited impatiently for Shinobu to finish giving her the medication.

Only to have Haruki falling sick as well, and he had much more severe symptoms compared to [name], so he had no choice but to be escorted to the Butterfly Estate instead, whereas [name] would be resting at her own room in their estate.

"You are acting like as if you are my boyfriend or something. You're not, stop it," she snapped, highly irritated at the way Sanemi was acting. 

"Fucking bitch, I'm gonna nurse you back to health," Sanemi muttered out as he tried to hide the fact that his heart had shattered when [name] said such a thing to him.

He then felt a slight tug on his uniform and he turned to look and noticed how [name] had on a slight pout then on her face. He could feel his heart pounding hard against his chest as he looked at the way [name]'s pink-tinted lips were parted.

"Urgh, go and fucking sleep," he muttered out as he shoved her back down onto the futon and covered her. He then grabbed hold of the cloth and rinse it in the basin filled with water, wringing it dry and folded it nicely, placing it on her forehead then.

"Heh... Shinazugawa-san is a softie," she whispered out and Sanemi rolled his pale purple eyes then as he gently patted [name] on the stomach, trying to ease her to sleep.

"Wahhhh. You are doing the same actions as what Haruki would do for me. I feel so loved," she whispered out and Sanemi could feel the heat in his face rising and spreading through.

"Whatever," he muttered out as he turned to look outside instead and continued to pat [name]'s stomach, eventually causing the Sun Hashira to drift off to sleep.

"Hey, nee-san? Nee-san," and [name] shifted slightly as she slowly opened her eyes then. She then looked about and noticed how she was staring at Haruki, but her eyes widened at how he looked like. With a much more fairer complexion along with light purple eyes that had the kanji for Upper Moon.

"Haruki? You're a demon?" she asked, and Haruki looked at her confusedly then.

"You are a demon too, nee-san. Why are you acting like you are surprised?" he asked and [name] slowly lifted her hands up and her eyes iwdened at how fair she had gotten, together with the razor sharp nails as well.

"You are the second most powerful demon, right next to that man," Haruki whispered out and [name] could only swallow the lump in her throat then and both Haruki and her immediately stood up. Her heart was pounding hard against her chest and she turned to look around.

Demon slayers.

They were surrounding them.

"Traitor!" they yelled and pointed their nichirin blades at them and [name] could only slowly take a step back and her eyes laid upon a particular Wind Hashira then.