❧ 01. ɪᴍᴘʀᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

Hinode Haruki let out a sigh. He watched as years had passed ever since his older sister had joined the Demon Slayer Corps and there she was, still fast asleep when today was a special day. It was the Hashira Meeting where he and another Hashira would be introduced then at the meeting that was held every 6 months.

"Nee-san..." he whispered out as he soon pinched her nose with his strong fingers, causing her to choke on her breath then. She then coughed and sat up and she turned to look at Haruki who had on a slight pout on his face still, which [name] yawned and stretched her hand out, pinching his cheeks slightly.

"Good morning, Haruki..." she whispered out and soon rubbed her maroon eyes and looked at her younger brother who had black hair and dark purple eyes instead. Which she could only softly smile then as she gently ruffled his head.

"Well then, it seems you are rather excited to attend the meeting today," [name] pointed out and Haruki nodded his head slowly, which [name] always found it adorable and she slowly reached out, ruffling her younger brother on the head.

"Ahhh, you're going to be standing on the same tier as your older sister, I'm so proud of you," [name] whispered out and Haruki scrunched his nose up a little in response as he looked at his sister, somehow her features were a lot softer now as compared to the years she had trained to become a Hashira.

"Hm? Why are you staring at me?" [name] asked and Haruki shook his head then as he slowly reached out and wrapped his arms around his older sister and soon let out a sigh which [name] laughed softly then.

"You are a 15-year-old boy, Haruki. You should be able to tell me what's going on in that mind of yours," she spoke out and she laughed softly then as she looked at the crow that was waiting for her at the patio.

"Okay, okay. I need to go get ready," [name] spoke out and Haruki lets go of his older sister and he watched as she soon got up from her futon to head off and get herself cleaned then. Haruki then let out a sigh then as he went to his room instead and started to change into his uniform.

His nose twitching slightly then and soon the scent of [name] entered the room and he turned just in time as [name] placed a hand on his head and ruffled his hair a little. He looked into the mirror then as he saw the reflection of his older sister, with a gentle smile on her face and the hanafuda earrings still attached to her ears to this day.

"Nee-san, aren't you hurt?" Haruki spoke out and [name] hummed in response as she made Haruki turn to look at her and she slowly started to button up his uniform properly. She let out a soft sigh then, understanding where Haruki was coming from.

"I'm alright. I've healed already," [name] spoke out and Haruki could only slowly narrow his dark purple eyes then at his older sister who continued to look at him with a soft expression as she soon smoothed out his uniform and handed him his haori.

"Don't worry about it. It's understandable why Rengoku-sama hated me," [name] spoke out and Haruki could only let out a sigh then.

After all, Rengoku Shinjuro didn't like [name] one bit due to her wearing the hanafuda earrings. And how he thought [name] was there to mock him since she could use the original breathing style which she could only look confused at back then.

But thankfully, his son Kyojuro managed to protect [name] from getting beaten up by the former Flame Hashira, which from that day onwards, [name] no longer went to pay a visit.

Haruki then watched as [name] left his room to head into hers and he soon entered her room once again, putting away the futon. He then settled down, sitting on the tatami mat with his legs crossed as he placed an elbow on one of his knees, resting his chin against the palm of it. Haruki then watched as [name]'s crow was walking about in the room, and soon fluttered out towards the patio again to meet up with his crow.