❧ 03. ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ

"Caw! Caw! Emergency Alert! Hinode [name] is missing! Repeat, Hinode [name] is missing! Last seen in the North region! Caw! Assist, search party!" the crows started to flutter about and Haruki's eyes widened as he dropped his cup of tea in the Wisteria House he was resting in. He swallowed the lump in his throat then as he quickly grabbed hold of his nichirin blade and strapped it against his white belt, running out of the Wisteria House.

Not even bothering to explain to the people who were taking care of him.

Realizing he was rather near the North region, he proceeded to run at top speed then. Only to have someone running past him at a much faster pace. His dark purple eyes widened as he looked at the familiar back of the Wind Hashira who was zooming like the Wind.

"Fuck, no," Sanemi whispered to himself as he quickly ran.

Eventually, the duo reached the North region where [name] was last seen and their eyes could only widen at the horrible state the abandoned town was in. The buildings were demolished. Blood was splattered everywhere. Haruki's eyes widened as the overwhelming scent of blood invaded his nose.

What made it worst was the fact that it was [name]'s blood.

"Fuck. No. No way will [name] lose! [NAME]! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Sanemi yelled out as he started to push away the ruins and Haruki could only swallow the lump in his throat then as he copied the Wind Hashira's actions.

"Nee-san. Nee-san! Where are you?!"

--

Days turned into weeks and soon months after the announcement of Hinode [name]'s disappearance. No sign of her was reported, nor did the crows have any pieces of information about the whereabouts of the Sun Hashira.

Work continued for both Sanemi and Haruki, often being sent out on missions so that they could somehow obtain information to where [name] had disappeared to. Only for them to always return empty-handed.

Shinazugawa Sanemi, the Wind Hashira, he went back to being his old self. The way he acted was just like the very first day he met Oyakata-sama. He was rude, snappy. Violent as well as hot-tempered.

Many steered clear of his way, except for [name]'s younger brother.

Hinode Haruki was suffering the most, anybody could tell as the young Hashira started to lose most of his muscles as he stopped eating properly ever since his older sister's disappearance. He stopped smiling or engaging in conversation with anybody.

Only going out on missions and coming back to the estate where he used to reside in with [name]. He would often sit in [name]'s room and looked at the painting of the sun along with a pair of hanafuda as well that was hung up in her room, which [name] always said to look at it whenever he misses her.

But little did [name] know, that Haruki was practically camping in her room every night just to see the painting, for he misses his older sister dearly.

Haruki then sighed as he soon heard footsteps and he turned to look. His dark purple eyes held nothing. No sign of emotions in them as well and he looked at the new Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyuu, standing at the patio that was right outside of [name]'s room.

"What do you want, Tomioka-san?" he whispered out and Giyuu motioned for him to come over then. Haruki then let out a soft sigh as he stood up and walked over to where Giyuu was, and he could only have on a small smile as the Water Hashira placed a hand on his head.

"Mission, let's go," he spoke out and Haruki could only let out a sigh then as he slowly nodded his head and proceeded to follow Giyuu out of [name]'s room, shutting the door behind him and he followed the Water Hashira closely.