❧ 08. ꜱɪᴍɪʟᴀʀ

"Get me the demon slayers' head with the hanafuda earrings," Kibutsuji Muzan muttered out as he looked towards Akaza who nodded his head and eventually disappeared.

Muzan had on an irritated scowl then.

How he had bumped into Kamado Tanjiro. How he nearly died by Hinode [name]'s hands as well.

He was enraged. Extremely angry.

"Too similar to that monster..."

--

"Breath of Fire? Hinokami Kagura? Kamado my boy... I'm not sure... But shouldn't you be asking [name] in regards to this? The Sun Hashira," Kyojuro asked as he soon turned to look at Haruki who was just staring out of the window as the train continued to move.

"Isn't that right? Your sister developed her breath style from the 'dance' that your family had passed down for generations," Kyojuro spoke out and Haruki let out a sigh then. He wasn't really in the best of mood to be speaking to Tanjiro, someone who was wearing the same pair of hanafuda earrings like his older sister.

"He can try if he wants. I doubt nee-san will speak about it anyway, she finds it sacred," he muttered out and soon looked at Tanjiro from the corner of his eyes, whereas Tanjiro could only remain still then at the hostility radiating off from the Moon Hashira.

"And also, [name] is the only Hashira who has a black blade. Maybe your breath styles are actually the same," and Kyojuro stopped then when Haruki turned to look at him and narrowed his dark purple eyes.

"Okay, I take that back," Kyojuro spoke out and soon felt a gust of wind blowing into the cabin and Haruki watched as Inosuke stuck his head out.

"UWOOOOH! WOW! WOW! IT'S SO FAAST!" Inosuke called out and Haruki could only raise an eyebrow in response then as his arms continued to remain folded across his chest.

"THAT'S DANGEROUS, MORON!" Zenitsu yelled out.

"I'M GONNA GET OUT AND RUN! I'M GONNA HAVE A RACE TO SEE WHICH ONE OF US IS FASTER!" Inosuke yelled out and Haruki turned to look at Kyojuro and lifted a finger, pointing towards them.

"Really?" he asked, and Kyojuro nodded his head.

"THERE ARE LIMITS TO IDIOCY!" Zenitsu yelled out as he tried to pull Inosuke back in.

"It's dangerous! I don't know when the demon's gonna appear!" Kyojuro spoke out and Haruki let out a sigh then as he unfolded his arms and brought it up, covering his ears then.

"Huh? YOU'RE KIDDING. A DEMON'S GONNA APPEAR ON THIS TRAIN?!" Zenitsu yelled out and Kyojuro could only chuckle then as he placed a hand onto Haruki's thigh, applying pressure to prevent the younger Hashira from getting up and throw a fit.

"Oi, shut the hell up man," Haruki muttered out, irritated then as he was getting a splitting headache from smelling the deep scent of anxiety radiating off from the younger demon slayer before him.

"In a short period of time, more than 40 people have disappeared on this train! We sent a number of swordsmen here, but none of them ever reported back! So that's why we are here as Hashiras," Kyojuro explained why he and Haruki were deployed on this mission.

"I will... Look at your tickets..."

"What's that?" Tanjiro asked, and he watched as Haruki nudged Kyojuro then.

"The conductor is coming around to confirm your tickets and punch holes in them," Kyojuro explained and he looked towards Haruki who had narrowed his dark purple eyes slightly ever since the appearance of the train conductor.