The beginning of a beautiful story

This one-shot will be talking about the relationship between Finnick and Annie. This will happen shortly after Annie's victory at the 70th Hunger Games when she returns.

~

I was in the train, back to the house. Nothing will ever be the same again, the Hunger Games took a part of y soul. I know understand why when they return, the winners were no longer the same, because when you come back alive from the games, you either became stronger or went mad after having to kill each other. For my part, I would say that after seeing my partner beheaded, I lost my mind.

Fortunately, I will be able to see my friend Finnick, winner of the 65th Hunger Games. Finnick was my mentor at the games. He was very helpful with good advice and I immediately appreciated him. He will necessarily understand what I went through, given that he had the same thing. This creates a powerful bond between two people. 

The train stopped, which means that we have arrived. With the ball in my stomach, I slowly get off the train while cheers are ringing but I can't hear them, I'm just lost in my thoughts. My father came to hug me saying that my mother would be proud of me. My mother died giving birth to me so I never knew her. But again, I was not listening, I was lost in my thoughts. Finally, I was until a familiar hand came to touch my shoulder, I immediately recognized it as that of Finnick. I looked up and saw him smiling  at me. I immediately took him in my arms and burst into sobs.

"I... saw him... die... and there ... there was nothing I could do." I saw between two sobs.

"I know, it's like that for everyone in the games. But, hey, it's gonna be okay. I'm gonna help you, I promise you." he said tightening his grip on me.

"Thank you, Finnick. Thank you for being there for me."

"Always."

I let go of him to see him and we looked each other in the eye for several minutes until he left smiling while other people came to cheer me on.

I don't know what was going on but I felt good after what he told me. I felt soothed, he had sootheld me. I admit that our relationship was not like the others of the mentor and his student, but I never thought that we were so close. But deep down, I think it may have been more than the friendship I felt with my mentor.

As in every district, there is a village for the winners of the games. So after I moved in, I could see who my neighbors were : Finnick and Mags, my other mentor. So I left to see her because she couldn't been at the station. When the door opened, she smiled at me and I jumped into her arms.

"Thank you, thank you for everything."

"But you're welcome, except that it's not me who won, it's you."

I smiled to her. Mags was like a kind of mother to me. I know I could always count on her.

She let me in and we talked about everything, or almost everything, because I didn't tell her about my trauma nor about my possible feelings towards Finnick. It was getting late when I saw the time and she invited me to stay for dinner. I gladly accepted and she said that Finnick had also been invited to celebrate my return.

When he arrived, he was dressed in cream stockings and was shirtless. I felt butterflies in my stomach and couldn't help but smile. He noticed me and smiled back at me.

The dinner was spent in a good conviviality, with laughter, anecdotes and fluent conversations, although I did not feel totally at ease. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the image of my other tribute being killed in front of me, which made me stop laughing. We decided to watch some TV to relax. I sat next to Finnick who put his arm around my shoulders, which made me feel more confortable. As if it were a habit, I put my head in the hollow of his neck and felt him more comfortable too. Mags turned on the TV and we were watching random programs.

Suddenly a special program came on the TV about the 70th Hunger Games. They went through all the moments, from the start until my victory. I relive all the dead, especially that of my other tribe, and the great flood that haunts each of my nights. I felt my eyes get wet, thinking about it all. I got up with a start, which made Finnick and Mags turn to look at me. I apologized to them and ran outside to get some fresh air. I collapsed on the floor, crying. All of these memories haunted me and would haunt me forever. I felt someone pick me up and hug me, trying to reassure me. I knew it was Finnick and I clung to him while sobbing.

"I can't see them anymore. These memories, they will haunt me for life. I can't do this anymore." I said, trying to breathe calmly.

"Hey, hey. It's like that for everyone, belive me. I went through the same thing. But I'm better and I try to move forward." he said moving my hair and touching my cheek gently.

"Promise me one thing."

"All that you want."

"Promise me not to give up and help me out."

He moved closer to my face very softly and kissed me tenderly. I melted into the kiss. He pulled away and looked at me before adding  :

"I promise you."

I leaned down again, and kissed him again, tenderly and passionately. I let go of him and hugged him as tightly as possible, lest he leave. He kissed my forehead and then loosened to tell me :

"I swear to you Annie. I love you."

"I love you too."

I knew he would never let me down. I felt happy for the first time in a long time.

It was the beginning of a beautiful story.

~

So this is the second one-shot. Give me some ideas for the next one if you want to.

Love you