Reunited again Part 3

Annie's POV

Finnick stood in front of me. At first I though it was a hallucination but when I saw more tears rolling down his cheeks I realized he was there, alive. I put Finn, who had fallen asleep in my arms, on the sand and stood up. I stared at him for several minutes without saying anything, with tears rolling down my cheeks, before finally speaking.

"Finnick ?" I asked, holding back from bursting into tears.

"Hey Annie." he said softly.

I ran hugged him while crying. He tightened his grip on me and whispered sweet words to me. Then he kissed me and I could feel his lips on mine again after months. We stayed like that for several minutes until Finn woke up and started to cry. I went to get him and when I returned Finnick looked at me with a slight smile.

"Aren't you introducing me to my son ?" he asked with an amused tone.

"How do you know he's your son ?" I replied with a smirk.

"I heard your story." he smiled.

"Oh yes. So Finnick, this is your son Finn. Finn this is your daddy." I said showing Finnick to Finn. He smiled at him and Finn laughed. "Do you want to hold him ?" I asked. Finnick's face lit up and he nodded. I handed Finn to him and he took him.

"Hi Finn, I'm your daddy." he said in a soft voice and Finn chirped. This simple action fills my heart with joy.

Finnick's POV

When my son began to twitter, it was as if my heart was filling with happiness. I looked at Annie who was smiling at me and kissed her tenderly on the forehead.

"He loves you already." she told me. "I know that can probably ruin the moment, but what happened ? Everyone said you were dead."

"Well I wasn't dead, according to my nurse I was in a coma for ten months." I saw the shock in her eyes. "I know that's a lot. But what happened to you ? Johanna didn't want to explain it to me."

"After the rebellion, I decided to come back to District Four and as I was pregnant, Johanna, with whom I had become very close, offered to come here and help me take care of the shopping, to eat, to clean, etc. The beach was my place of peace because everywhere else I went, everyone told me that they were sorry for your death." I saw tears forming in her eyes and I hugged her as she collapsed as she started to cry. "I only cried at nights in my room while Finn was asleep or when I'm at the beach, seeing the sea. I rarely heard Johanna cry but it did happen."

"I know it's been really hard on you and I'm sorry I didn't wake up sooner but I promise you that from now on I'll be there for you and Finn."

She wiped away her tears and we decided to go home. When I got home, which I hadn't done earlier in the day, everything was exactly as before. Johanna had already prepared the lunch ans was expecting us. Annie left to prepare Finn's meal and I found myself alone in the living room with Johanna.

"So Johanna, apparently you did cry some nights ?" I asked with a smirk.

"Oh shut up Odair." I smiled, she had regained her humor. "So, what's it like to be a father ?"

"It's still new but I intend to make up for all the time lost with Finn and Annie."

Annie's POV

We all had lunch together, joy had returned to this house. We spent the afternoon talking and recalling certain memories.

Everyone was quickly tired and we went to bed. I explained to Finnick that Finn slept with me from birth. He nodded and said as long as he could sleep with us it was fine. I lay down on the bed, Finnick wrapped his arms around me and placed Finn on my stomach.

I was happy, our family was finally reunited.

5 year eclipse

"FINNICK !" I screamed when I realized I had lost my bones.

"Yes my love." he said innocently.

"I'm going to give birth !" I shouted with all my might.

His expression changed to panicked fear. I had a strong contraction and a cry of pain escaped my mouth.

"Oh my God ! What do I have to do ?"

"Take me to the hospital."

He helped me down and we saw Finn.

"Dad, what's going on with mom ?" he asked worriedly.

"You're going to be a big brother soon honey." I said before his father could tell him anything bad.

"You're going to stay with me and then we'll go see your parents and your sister." Johanna said, bursting into the living room. "Well done Odair, you need to stop making her pregnant."

Finnick's face flushed and I laughed when another contraction happened.

"Take me to the hospital." I moan.

"Alright here we go. See you later honey, be nice to Aunt Johanna. Bye Jo."

When we were greeted in the delivery room, I lay down on a bed while Finnick stood next to me. I clung so tightly to his hand when the contraction came that they were red.

"It's going to be ok, Annie, I promise. Our daughter will be as strong as her mother and just as intelligent. She'll have the best big brother you could ever dream of." he told me. He still had the words to say to confort me.

"And she will have the best father." I added and another contraction came. This one was much stronger.

After several contractions like this, a baby's crying was heard.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Odair." said the nurse. "What's her name ?"

"Maggie Odair. But, we'll call her Mags." I say and Finnick smiled before placing a kiss on my forehead.

Five years ago I had almost nothing and now I have everything I could dream of.

~

I hope you enjoyed this sequel of three chapters. I've always been sad that Finnick died in the books and I didn't want it to end like this.

I gave you the link to a video of Finnick and Annie that I love.

Love you.