Punished by injustice

My grandfather was a monster. Yeah, so now you know me. My name is Laura Snow and I'm the granddaughter of the ex-president Coriolanus Snow. You my be wondering why do I hate him so much ? Because of him, a rebellion took place, causing hundreds of deaths. Innocent children died there.

On top of that, because of him, everyone rejects me. Because I am a Snow, I was insulted and beaten in the street. I was told things like "It's like that for all Snow, selfish, manipulative and vicious" or"It's in your veins and you can't change it, junk one day, junk everyday". I know my grandfather was a monster but it's not my fault he did all these horrible things, it was his.

Even before it was like that. At school, I didn't have any friends because everyone said that I was exactly like my grandfather or that I was a monster. Everywhere I went, I was a danger, a monster to others. I had no quiet place. Even at home, I couldn't because I was always told that I should beware of people, be on my grandfather's side, not make mistakes that would ruin the reputation of the family and blah blah.

And the worst part was that I was nothing like my grandfather or the rest of my family. I never liked the Hunger Games, I found it unfair to these poor children. And I hated the fact that my grandfather forced certain winners to prostitute themselves, like Finnick Odair or Johanna Mason who refused and because of that, all her family died. Because of him, Haymitch Abernathy became an alcoholic, Annie Cresta became psychologically unstable, and some committed suicide upon returning from the games. My grandfather was a monster, I won't deny it, but I'm not and never have been like him. If you want to know everything, I'm even ashamed to be in this family.

Today I made my decision, leave. Go far away to a place where no one knows me or judges me by my last name. I take my things and put them in my suitcase. I do not take any photos that I was forced to have in my room, because I hate this family. I finish getting ready and go. Obviously when I go out, people boo me but I ignore them and continue walking towards the private family train. I arrive and the driver asks me where I want to go.

"Anywhere except here" I said and we left.

Finally, I am free. I will no longer be judged because I am a Snow.

~~~

I hope you like it. I'm sorry but soon, in two or three chapters maximum, it would be the end of this book.

Love you !