My world is falling apart

This one-shot will be talking about how Prim felt when Katniss volunteered to participate in the 74th Hunger Games in her place.

My name is Primrose Everdeen and I am twelve years old. Today is the day of my first harvest. I hope not to be chosen. Fortunately, my sister Katniss made it so there was very little chance of me being drawn. But I'm sacred for her, if she ever goes into the arena and dies, I don't know what I could do without her. But hey, maybe none of us will be chosen. But I highly doubt it.

I am currently preparing for harvest. I am wearing a white dress and my hair is pulled back in two braids. My sister comes out, wearing a blue dress and her hair is pulled back into a braid. We leave and head for the large square where the harvest takes place. I walk over and stand in line for the blood test. When it's my turn, I feel a lump forming in my stomach, a lump of stress. They take me my blood and I walk towards the girl's side, towards the row of those who are my age. We wait several minutes before Effie Trinket takes the stage.

"Welcome to the 70th Hunger Games. And may the fate be in your favor." she said with a happy voice.

I don't understand how we can be happy when two children are going to be sent to an arena to kill each other. She shows us the same movie that we see every year and when it's over the lump in my stomach gets bigger.

"Honors to women." She walks over to the jar to her left, draws a name and says it, "Primrose Everdeen." My body freezes, I go into the arena. Everyone turns to me and I freeze even more. I start to step forward when I hear a scream and I know right away who it is, Katniss. She screams my name but I know it won't change a thing so I keep moving. Soldiers come to intervene but she tries to pass.

"Prim ! No, Prim. I'm voluntary ! I'm voluntary !" Everyone turns to her with a shocked expression. Usually no one volunteers in District Twelve. To make sure everyone understands her, she repeats the sentence. "I am voluntary."

And that's where I fall apart. My sister volunteers to keep me out of the arena. She's ready to get killed for me. The soldiers let her pass and take me instead. I can't hear the name of the male tribute and I don't care. I scream her name over and over but she ignores me.

My sister goes to the arena, my world is falling apart.