Reunited again

Annie's POV

It's been ten months since Finnick left us. I had never even been able to tell him that I was a month pregnant. I found out about that a few days later, but when I tried to tell him, I was told he was dead. At that moment, I had lost the reason to live, I could not continue, not without Finnick. I wanted to let it all go, but I couldn't, I had to stay strong for my child, our child. I will do anything so that he can remember his father, how amazing he was.

So that's how I tried to raise Finn Odair. He was the perfect combination of his father and me. He had tanned skin, Finnick's golden hair and my blue eyes. He's just a tiny little baby and he's all I have. Each night I put Finn in our bed with Finnick and watched him sleep as tears flowed from my eyes. Finn was not a complicated kid, he hardly ever cried and always gets enough sleep.

After Finnick died, Johanna offered to come live with me in District Four and help me during the pregnancy and the baby's first months. I had accepted because I knew that she too needed support in her situation. She who already had nothing, we still managed to take someone close to her. We weren't close before, but now it's like we're sisters.

I don't go out of the house except to take Finn to the beach and sit on the sand. I don't like going out because when I did, people kept coming and telling me that they were sorry for Finnick. Finnick. Every time I thought of him, the memories came back and I couldn't help but cry. I know Johanna sometimes cries in her room. Even though she's a badass on the outside, she's just a broken girl because of the Capitol, like me.

I got up this morning, took Finn in my arms and went down to the living room where Johanna had made breakfast but I didn't see her. So I put Finn in his cradle when I saw a note from Johanna.

I went shopping because after breakfast we should have eaten Finn and I know how much you would have killed me for that and I don't want to. I'll be back before noon, so you can go to the beach, I know it makes you feel good.

Johanna

I laugh at her joke. She still had her own sense of humor that always made me laugh, or when I was sad smile. I reread her last sentence, she was right, I needed to go relax and the only place I can do that is the beach. I gave Finn a drink, dressed him and we left for the beach.

We arrived and I saw that there was no one there. Phew. I couldn't stand other people telling me they are sorry for Finnick. So I sat on the sand with Finn in my arms and rocked him. I could see that the best way to calm him down is to tell him stories about his father and so I did.

"Honey if you only knew, you look so much like your father. He would be very proud of you for being the thing that kept me alive. I remember all my story with him. 

I was eleven, I was in the sea and I was starting to drown until someone came and helped me get back to shore. When we were there, I thanked him, we introduced ourselves and we became friends. We already had a special relationship when we were young.

Then at the age of fourteen, your father was harvested for the 65th Hunger Games. I felt drained after hearing his name called but knew I had to stay strong for your dad. I made him promise to come back as the winner of the games because I needed him.

At this time, I was starting to doubt my feelings for him, I wondered if it was more than friendship. During his interview, Caesar asked him if he had a girlfriend and he answered no but that there was a very important girl for him. He was then forced to say the name a bit and the only word that came out of his mouth was Annie. I was surprised at first, then happy. While your dad was in the arena, I watched him on TV to make sure he was okay, and he was.