First day and a crush

In this one-shot, th Hunger Games never took place. The characters are in high school and lead normal lives.

After my father died, my mother, my sister Prim and I moved from District Twelve. We set off for the Capitol where my mother's new fiancé, Plutarch Heavensbee lives. Today is my first day at my new high school, Panem High School.

I get up and go to the kitchen.

"Morning duckling." I tell Prim.

"Morning Katniss. Ready for your first day ?"

"Yeah. Now go get dressed or we'll be late."

We get ready and go. I drop Prim at Mocking-Jay Middle School and head to high school.

When I arrive, I go to the reception and a woman asks me my name.

"Katniss Everdeen"

"Ah yeah you are the new student" she told me with a soft smile.

"Yes."

"So here is your schedule and a student is going to show you around." She gives me my schedule. "Ah well there she is." She shows a girl with red hair, so long that they reach her lower back, smiling. She looked like a sweet, kind girl.

"Hi I'm Annie." she said smiling.

"Katniss" I smile.

She shows me around the school, showing me the classrooms where I will have certain lessons, the cafeteria, the gymnasium and finally my locker.

"Katniss, will you give me your schedule please ?" she asks.

"Why ?"

"You'll see." I pass it to her without dwelling on the question. She looks at him and smile.

"We have all lessons together ! Now come on, I advise you never to be late for Mrs Trinket's class. She's crazy about good manners." We laugh an go to class.

Annie was right, Mrs trinket is totally MAD for good manners. Here for example, there was this boy, I think his name was Cato, threw his bag on his desk and Mrs Trinket yelled at him saying "This is a mahogany desk, not a puddle of mud !" and the whole class burst out laughing, including me and Annie.

After the English class, I had science with Mr Beetee, a fairly experienced teacher in his field, mathematics with Mr Gloss, and history with Mr Abernathy. Well, that's his name but he wants us to call him Haymitch.

The bell is ringing which means it's lunchtime, FINALLY ! I was afraid to find myself alone but Annie offered to come and eat with her and her friends and I immediately accepted. She's so sweet.

We head to the cafeteria and entered, she shows me a table already full. We walk towards it and the people setting there are looking at us. Annie greets them and introduces me.

"Guys, this is Katniss."

"Hey" I say a little timidly.

"So this is Johanna, Gale, Clove and her boyfriend Cato who you already know from the accident in English class."

"Oh yeah I remember" I laugh.

"Then there's Glimmer, Marvel, my boyfriend Finnick and Peeta."

I look at them in turn. Johanna is a brunette who immediately gives the impression that if we disturb her too much she strangles us, Gale a tall brunette with hazel eyes, Clove  a small brunette but who seems to have character, Cato a tall blond with piercing eyes, Marvel a dark blond and Glimmer a tall blond, Finnick's a guy with golden hair and green eyes and Peeta is a blond with brown eyes.

I feel myself blushing but I don't know why. Yeah you know why, you find him cute. SHUT UP ! I say to myself inside. I've never reacted like that to a boy but I don't know, I find him special.

I sit between Annie and Clove and chat with them until Peeta starts talking to me. We talk about everything and nothing and laugh a lot. I enjoy spending time with him.

I don't know what's happening to me, first day and a crush. This year will probably be eventful.

~~~

I hope you like this chapter. I was needing a change.

Love you !