The past resurfaces

This one-shot will talk about how Katniss and Peeta's daughter will find out the truth about the Hunger Games and her reaction to it.

Since the end of the rebellion, Haymitch has stopped drinking and getting drunk. He cares more about the people around him and begins to return to a normal life. For their part, Katniss and Peeta have discovered the joys of being a parent. But for the three of them, the scars are still present.

A knock sounded at the door and Haymitch went to open it.

"Uncle Haymitch !" cried a little girl, hugging him.

"Hey Prim." Haymitch said, shifting to let Katniss and Peeta in.

"Hey Haymitch." Peeta said, settling into the living room.

"So sweetie, what did you learn in school today ?" Haymitch asked.

Prim's face darkened and his smile faded, which surprised his parents.

"What's going on honey, what did you talk about at school ?" Katniss asked, kneeling down to be up to her daughter.

"We worked on the Hunger Games." she whispered.

The three adults gasped and looked at each other. Katniss got up and held onto a chair to avoid falling, the memories coming back to her memory. Peeta was on the sofa, unresponsive, but his eyes lost their natural glow. Haymitch sighed and his hands tightened tightly.

"And what do you know honey ?" Peeta asked softly.

"I know that during the harvest, two tributes from each district were fighting in an arena until there was only one winner. I also know that you, Daddy and Uncle Haymitch are victors and there has been a rebellion. I know some people died there like Uncle Finnick, Mags and Rue. And I know you won the rebellion." Prim said as the adults stared at her. "Am I right ?"

"Yes honey, you are right about everything." answered Katniss.

"But why did you have to do that ?" Prim asked with tears in her eyes.

"Well, Snow was making the winners of the games do things, things that we didn't want to do. And if we didn't, he would kill someone we loved. But all this is ended thanks to courageous people. And yes, you are named Prim after your mother's sister." Haymitch said, who until then hadn't reacted

"You are heroes actually." she said with a slight on her lips.

"Kind of." Peeta smiled and they left for dinner.

During the meal, Prim asked her parents questions about the Hunger Games.

"But why is it mom who was the symbol of the revolution and not dad ? And why did Snow do all this ?"

"That honey, these are questions to which we do not have the answers."

"So you don't know why he was like that ?"

"Like what ?" Peeta asked.

"Also vicious, mean and selfish."

"No Prim, we don't know why he was like that." Haymitch replied.

After dinner, Prim went to bed with a smile on her face. For her, her parents were heroes.

~

I hope you like this chapter. Love you.