CHAPTER 3

Trigger warning: Harassment.

Cracking his knuckles, Karlos could sense the persistent numbness of his fingers; Persistent to the point where he seemed to felt frequent electric shock in his hands.

Since he went to work this morning, he has accomplished nothing but to type here and there, only to compute the salaries of the employees in each division.

Considering the number and scale of his company's current employment, it is difficult for him to complete half of the tasks today.

Surely, even if he works overtime, still he will not be able to fulfill this urgent responsibility.

If not only for the immediate resignation of the assigned staff, possibly my lined-up task has been completed by now, or if I had a partner, maybe my task might speed up somehow.

Sighing, Karlos removes his round eyeglasses before soothing the lids of his eyes due to the unbearable sensation that surrounded them. Furthermore, his head began to ache which he suspected the effect of staring at a screen for a long time.

Hang on, there is a term for such a condition. What is that condition called? Is it Computer Vision Syndrome? Or… wait—maybe this is what you called Lonely Nights Syndrome?

The effect of staying awake all night to think about a certain someone.

About a certain planet green eyes…

Dios mío, you seriously must earn a master's degree major in insomnia.

He poked fun at himself.

“Pst! Milo! Bro! Estrabao!”

Whispered by the young lady behind him.

Karlos chose to ignore his colleague, though he was conscious that she has been trying to get his interest since morning. Rather, Karlos opted to concentrate on the enormous computation now displayed on his computer monitor.

Karlos assumed that the lady would eventually stop, but man, he was downright mistaken.

She was more insistent and irritating which led him to finally deal with her; however, the result seemed different.

Dulce. (Sweet.)

“Stop laughing at me, you dumbass! Here, eat something!”

Taylor shoved the banana loaf and caffè latte that she got in the nearby coffee shop in Karlos' direction.

Arms crossed over her chest, Taylor could not help but frown as she stared at the young man, who now had an annoying grin on his lips.

She can't help but be furious with this man for the reason that this one has been ignoring her since morning—As if she does not exist! Sure, she was a bit exaggerated there, yet, all she wanted to convey was that she was not used to this dude being so cold and snobbish.

Why working so hard when he can ask for help from someone like me?

From someone stunning, smart, and such a thoughtful friend like me that he could count on all the time.