✔️ Chapter 30 ✔️

Third Person's pov

🌹🌹🌹

She wasn't depressed; if anything, she's just restless. Three weeks, it's been three weeks since Jungwoo dragged her to a basement that was clean and decent enough (even more than enough) to live. She was ordered to stay and never get out until he says so or when another council comes in to get her.

Eunha didn't know what was happening, she didn't have any clue, but she did stay. The basement had complete necessities for her to use. There were clothes, a warm bed, food, and a clean bathroom with towels and toothbrushes ready at the small countertop.

It was as if it was made for her.

The first moment she came in, she strolled around, carefully observing the room, but after hours of staying inside a room with nothing to do, her mind wondered, what is the council planning? Eunbi never surprised her or anything, so Eunha thought it was quite impossible to believe that this is Eunbi's idea. Plus, no one came to fetch her after more than five hours.

Then she remembered the day she was talking to Jungwoo. Eunbi suddenly rushed to him with Yerin beside her. Eunha didn't want to say anything because it would look like she was assuming nonsense, but she saw Eunbi's red eyes and Yerin's sad ones. It wasn't the kind of redness whenever she's angry; it looked like she just finished crying. Eunha didn't have the time to ask though, Eunbi told her to go to her dorm while taking Jungwoo with them.

Scared at that time, Eunha felt it. And she could still remember how she felt when she walked past Eunbi and Yerin.

There was a scary and dangerous tension surrounding them.

Just like what she felt the first time she talked to Yerin.

Eunha hated assuming anything, but she can sense something or someone around her kilometers away. That was already proved when Eunbi and Yerin were trying to kill each other in the forest. It was also the first time she met Eunbi.

So she met Eunbi and Yerin on the same day.

Eunha never realized that until she started thinking deeply in the basement.

Was there anything she missed when the three of them left? Or were they keeping something from her? She knew it wasn't fair to pry into other's business, and it was probably a massive secret that they even kept it from her, but with what is happening right now, she couldn't just stay in the basement and live her comfortable life.

So she got out and started asking the students that could give her possible answers.

But as soon as she got out, the academy was in a mess. The students were scattered, running around with either files or medical devices carried on their arms. She could still remember how confused she was as she tried to comprehend the situation in front of her. Nonetheless, she pushed her hesitation away and tried asking for information.

It was said that Eunbi was gone and taken away by someone unknown.

Hwang Eunbi, the academy's representative, the so-called leader, and mentor of Jisung, the last fire user, the one who owns a realm, was taken away by someone the same day she went back to her dorm?

Though Eunha said it was all lies, that was the information all of the students were giving. The council wouldn't go this far to deceive her, and they wouldn't order all of the students to lie to her.

So although she didn't want to believe it, she did, because she had to.

That was the truth.