Chapter X

On the bright clear sky, the sun successfully made its way above. The birds are starting to chirp, and the flowers bloomed even more beautiful. The morning is fresh as what everyone loves but the emotion inside the old headquarters isn't that lovely as it seems.

Hanged screamed from the top of her lungs as the devastating news came. Sawney and Bean, Hange's babies are found dead. Everyone was shocked, those are the only experiments subject they have.

Y/N woke up early because of that. Hange's screams are too loud which pushed the other soldiers to get out of bed too. Even the birds resting near them left.

They quickly prepared to see what happened. On their way, Hange kept mumbling about Sawney and Bean. If the Titans aren't that important, maybe they just face palmed because of her drama. But no, those were their subjects, they could find many answers from them.

Y/N still got no horse, which she finds unfair because Eren already have one. She's still in Levi's. (This one looks off but I still added it anyway.)

"Sawney!!! Bean!!!" Hange's voice was all they could hear, but no one complains. Even the Corporal who easily get irritated is in silence. Y/N can't stop herself from worrying, she can't take it when someone feels so sad and no one even dared to comfort them.

After some minutes, to their relief Hange did stop from crying and shouting. Their ears nearly gave up and annoyance is now evident on the Corporal's face.  They just got lucky that Hange decided to stop and save the theatrics later.

"Levi?" Called Y/N as she leans her back into Levi's chest.

"Hmmm?"

"I feel bad for Hange."

"All of you here sure do."

Y/N yawned, the sleep she had is not enough. She tried to stop herself from getting asleep in Levi's chest, she thinks that it would be such a burden for him to sleep against his chest again. Levi's view is different though, his stress is overflowing which makes him want to cuddle with the girl in front of him.

But neither of them make a move. Maybe later, when everything goes alright again.

"Look at that, Squad Leader Hange is going mad." Said Oluo watching the scientist. "Shut up Oluo." Warned Petra as she hit him in his side. Her boyfriend goes silent after that.

Y/N sighed at the sight of her friend then look at Levi who signals her to stay at his side.

"What's going on?" Asked Eren confused.

"Let's go. The Military Police Brigade will take over here." Answered Levi disregarding his question. He walks away dragging Y/N out of the scene. Eren was about to follow but Commander Erwin stopped him.

"Wait Levi, Let's wait for Eren." Levi nods and obeyed.

They wait and observed. Y/N's hearing seemed to be active today, as she heard what the Commander had asked to Eren. That made him weird for some reason, she then look again at Levi.

"Hey." She poked his cheek catching his full attention.

"Why is my horse not with me until now?"

"What?"

"Sorry. That was a strange thing to ask."

Levi flicked her forehead. She chuckles rubbing the part where Levi hits. Levi holds himself from letting out a small laugh. He can't, not here with a legion of people. Commander Erwin broke their moment by tapping their shoulder.

"Are we going now? What about Hange?"

Without getting answered, Levi had dragged her again with the whole squad following them.