Chapter 2

Nari || Friday, June 5

I wake to find that Jungkook is no longer beside me. Rubbing my swollen eyes, I slowly climb out of bed and trudge towards the living room, where I hear my parents chattering.

"...I don't know... we should just move on... that's what she wants..." I hear my mum say, but she freezes as soon as she sees me.

I notice the bags under her swollen red eyes and the unusual paleness of her skin. I turn to dad, and he doesn't look any better. They both look as though they have been awake all night.

Mum motions for me to come over and holds me in her arms as she nuzzles her face against my stomach. She quietly sobs as dad sighs and closes his eyes.

"Yes... we should all just move on..." my dad says and looks at us with sad teary eyes.

"Are you talking about Yuri?" I ask and dad nods.

I carefully pull myself away from mum's embrace and take a seat beside her instead, "I have something I want to say about Yuri."

Dad sighs, "What's there to say? She's gone... we should all try to face this fact..."

"I want to find out why she committed suicide..." I begin to say. "I want to know what happened and what caused her to take her own life."

Dad sighs and says, "I want to find out why too, but what's the point? She's already gone."

"I still need to know," I say "I can never be at ease not knowing the reason."

"Nari..." mum says with kind eyes as she takes my hand in hers. "Let's not overthink this and just move on. That's what Yuri would want."

"Yes," dad agrees. "We can do nothing to change the fact that she took her own life. Tt was her choice. That's the simple truth."

"No!" I stand up and yell, causing my chair to screech across the wooden floor. "How can you two be so calm about this?! Your daughter killed herself yesterday, and you two are already saying you want to forget about it and carry on with your lives as if nothing happened?! How can you live peacefully without knowing why she chose to end her life? Or maybe you two know something that I don't?"

"Nari, please..." mum pleads as she holds onto my arm. "We should be rational about this. The police already confirmed that Yuri's death was suicide and there's nothing else we can do."

I know that Yuri would never take her own life, she would never leave us in this way. She wouldn't just leave a note and go without saying anything. When she was alive, I didn't notice anything strange about her behaviour and she showed no signs of suicidal thoughts. Everything was so normal; nothing unusual happened. This isn't like her at all. Something must've drove her to the point where she just snapped and broke. I need to find out what exactly caused her to jump off that building.

"I'm not being irrational. I just want to find out what happened," I proclaim as I storm back into my room and slam the door shut.

I throw myself onto my bed and clench onto my blanket. I bury my face into my pillow and a flood of tears uncontrollably rushes down my face. Feelings of sorrow, anger, frustration, and guilt hit me all at once. I feel as if nobody understands me. I feel so alone. Why are my parents being so calm about this situation? Yuri would never commit suicide. Something happened, something must've happened. No matter what my parents tell me, I'll do my best to figure out what happened.

I hear someone lightly tapping on my door and I ignore it. I don't want to argue with my parents anymore. We're all grieving and I don't want to trigger any more emotions. We should be supportive at a time like this and I need some space right now. My door creaks open and mum cautiously enters. She smiles, but I just look at her sullenly and groan.