Chapter 10

Yuri || Tuesday, May 19 (past)

I feel so out of place sitting awkwardly beside my best friend and a group of strangers on the velvet sofa of this nightclub. Booming loud music bounce off the walls of the small room and blinding neon lights shine on the crowds of drunk bodies dancing before us. Jennie is wearing a metallic bodycon dress that accentuates the curves of her slim figure, whilst I'm just in a simple a-line dress with a brown leather jacket draped over my shoulders. I want to escape, but it's Jennie's birthday and I promised her that I would stay here with her tonight. She laughs and chats with the people sitting with us as they sloppily chug on whatever alcoholic drinks they have in their hands.

I glance around the hectic nightclub Jennie dragged me into and I spot a dark curtain that divides a section of the nightclub. I wonder what or who's inside? It's probably just an area for VIPs I think or maybe it's just the staff room. I snap out of my thoughts when Jennie suddenly yelps and jumps up from the sofa. I watch her hurriedly grab tissues from the table and dab on her dress, that's when I notice a vibrant blue stain on it.

"Ugh... it won't come off," Jennie groans in annoyance as she violently rubs on the dress.

She harshly throws the tissues on the table and grabs my arm which forces me to stand up. Her stiletto heels sharply clacking on the wooden floor still can be heard despite the blaring music as she pulls me along behind her and angrily pushes her way through the sea of dancing people.

When we reach the restroom, she frustratedly grabs paper towels from the dispenser and soaks them under the faucet before dabbing on her dress that she bought just for tonight. I kneel on the floor and help her try to get rid of the stain by gently rubbing on the thin fabric. She groans in irritation when the stain doesn't seem to go away no matter how much we try to clean it.

"Ugh... just forget it," she sighs and pushes my hands away.

I slowly stand up and cautiously glance at the infuriated expression displayed on her face. I don't want to irk her any further, so I just stand obediently. She turns to face the mirror and pulls her glossy waist-length hair into a sleek high ponytail. Even though she's my best friend, I still get intimidated by her, especially now that she isn't in a good mood and her tall heels cause her to be a couple of inches taller than me.

She drapes an arm over my shoulders as she looks at her reflection in the mirror, "This is no fun now that my dress is ruined. Let's just go back to my place and we can have some ice cream whilst we watch a movie. How does that sound?"

"It's your birthday," I reply. "We can do whatever you want."

"Then let's go," she says cheerfully as she grabs her purse from the countertop.

We're about to exit the nightclub, but we're stopped by a man before we can leave. Jennie tries to push him away but he extends his arm out to block us.

"What do you want?" my best friend says as she crosses her arms and looks at the man with displeasure.

"The boss wants to talk to you," the man simply says and gestures to the bar where a man in all black is sitting alone.

Jennie and I glance at the man sipping on a drink at the bar. He turns to look at us. His face is covered by a dark mask, so we can only see his eyes and mouth. He smirks and puts his drink down on the counter, then turns his whole body to face us, as if inviting us to come over.

"Why?" Jennie turns back to ask the man next to us, but the man doesn't reply.

Jennie rolls her eyes and she grumbles curse words under her breath as she makes her way to the bar. Her hips swaying as she walks and I shyly follow behind her.