Chapter 32

Jungkook || Thursday, June 25

Everything that happens next goes by like a blur. I'm not paying any attention, all that goes through my mind is that we're okay. We made it out alive. I'm so relieved, I don't care about anything else right now. As soon as I shut my eyes, sleep takes over my body. I didn't know how exhausted I was until that moment.

The next thing I know I'm laying on a hospital bed the morning after the incident. When I open my eyes I see Nari sitting by my side and a doctor is checking up on me. There's a tube stuck to my arm and all of my wounds are covered in bandages. The throbbing pain on the back of my head is gone, maybe due to the pain killers the doctor gave me. Even though the pain subsides, I still feel so weak. I don't even want to move my body as I stay still on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Nari asks me as she scoots closer to me.

"Weak and tired, but I'm okay," I say and she smiles as she pulls the blanket higher onto my body. "How about you? And the others?"

"I'm okay too. I just talked to the police officer outside about everything," she says and it's apparent that she's worn out, as she sounds drained. "He'll probably come to get your statement soon."

She then tells me that Lisa and Jimin are awake and are being treated, and Jennie is back home after giving her confession to the police. Ryan passed away as soon as Jay shot him, and Jay, who is in critical condition, has been sentenced to life for multiple offences.

I'm glad that he's getting the punishment that he deserves. We've done it. The truth has been exposed and justice has been brought to Yuri, and to all the other women Jay has harmed.

It's all over now. We've reached the finish line. I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I am free from all the pressure I've felt ever since Yuri's passing. I finally feel as if I can completely move on from her and our past. I will miss her and I will cherish our memories, but that's it. I won't hold onto her. I need to let myself go and move on with my life.

With a smile on her face and drops of tears trickling down her face, Nari mutters, "We did it. I can't believe we did it..."

She holds onto my hand and gives it a light squeeze as we smile at each other. I tenderly wipe away her tears with my fingers and stroke her head to soothe her. I haven't felt so calm and so at ease like this for such a long time. I feel good. I want to go back to sleep, but the police officer who lightly knocks on the door and enters the room keeps me awake.

He comes forward and stands beside Nari, then gives us both a nod before saying, "Hello, I'm Officer Kim Namjoon. I'm here to get your statement. Tell me exactly what happened and everything you know."

I tell him everything in detail starting from how odd and sudden I found Yuri's passing to be. I tell him about the nightclub Yuri worked in, and I told him about the fire. Then about the gang leader assaulting Nari. I talk about all the details we've found about Suga and Jay. Then I tell him about our visit to Jay's building and how he attacked me and locked us up in the basement. Everything that happened yesterday, all of which I wish I would never ever have to go through again, I tell the officer all of that.

He takes note of everything I say, then I ask the officer to tell me more about some of the things I'm curious about. I want to know why Jay asked specifically for Yuri to deliver the illegal weapons to him. Was it because of Ryan? Because he wanted to see Yuri? The officer tells me everything that Jay admitted to the police about. Apparently, Jay and Ryan used to be good friends until Jay got jealous of Ryan and Yuri's relationship because he also liked her, so Jay threatened Ryan. He had other gang members keep a close eye on Ryan's younger sister and threatened to kill both her and Yuri unless Ryan broke up with Yuri and joined the gang. Ryan surrendered to Jay's threats to protect his sister and Yuri from danger. However, because of Jay's desire for Yuri, he asked Suga, who was his boss, to get Yuri the job as a waitress at the nightclub and as a delivery girl. Jay was happy with just seeing Yuri, but then he wanted more and that's why he assaulted her.