Chapter 15

Jungkook || Monday, June 15 (present)

I hear people talking quietly around me. A guy and two girls. I try to move my fingers and open my eyes, but they feel so heavy.

"Should we tell them?" I hear one of the girls say.

"You can do whatever you want," the other girl says; her voice sounding familiar to me, but I can't seem to remember who she is. "We're all going to be dead if the boss finds out, so please stay out of trouble and don't drag me into whatever mess you cause."

"We can deal with it. We promise," the guy says.

Who are they and what are they talking about? I eventually manage to open my eyes, but my vision is slightly blurry and I feel so weak. I blink a couple of times to bring my vision to focus and I look around and notice the three people I heard talking standing with their backs facing me. I also spot monitors to my side and tubes in my arm. Am I in a hospital room? But how come? What happened? I don't remember anything...

"Hello?" I mutter and the people immediately turn around to look at me.

I instantly recognise Yeji, but I don't know who the other two are. They look to be about my age and are both wearing all black. Both of them have a tough aura and appearance just like Yeji. The girl has smoky eye makeup and short straight black hair with bangs, whilst the guy has grey, ashy hair. I also notice that the girl has a silver lip ring and the guy has multiple silver earrings. The two of them come to my side and smile at me, whilst Yeji crosses her arms over her chest and keeps a poker face.

"Good," Yeji says simply. "Now that you're awake, I can finally leave."

"Wait," I say to stop her. "Where am I? What happened?"

My throat feels so sore and dry when I talk. I feel an aching in my chest and I begin coughing.

"They'll explain everything," Yeji gestures to the two who are sitting by my side. "I'll get a doctor to come check on you on my way out."

I sigh as I watch her open the door to leave. I turn to look at the girl and guy with confusion, aching for them to say something. The last thing I remember is sitting on the sofa at the abandoned building, and suddenly I'm here. What happened? Wait a moment, I was with Nari at the building... but where is she now? Worry and horror run through me when a memory suddenly sparks in my mind. There was a fire. Is she okay? I have to see her.

I'm about to open my mouth to ask all the questions lingering in my mind, but the doctor who quickly steps into the room stops me from speaking. He checks the monitors by my side before looking at me, then asks the girl and guy to leave the room.

"I'm Dr. Kim Seok-jin, and I will be attending to you," the doctor says with a kind expression. "How are you feeling?"

"My throat hurts," I reply and the doctor nods as he scribbles something down on the paper in his clipboard

"That's normal to feel some pain in your throat and chest for a while," he says. "You may also experience increased mucus production and headaches."