Chapter 14

"Mommy! Mommy! Tell daddy to stop tickling me! I might pee in my pants!" I chuckled as I continued to stir dinner on the stove. "Honey, quit! You know we've been working on the potty training thing," I called out. I heard the giggling stop before little feet took off running through the house.

It quieted down and I went back to dinner figuring that play time had calmed down. Arms wrapped around me making me jump. "Denny Duquette, how dare you scare me! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" I said as I turned around with a spatula in my hand threatening to smack him with it.

He chuckled before placing a quick kiss on my lips. "That's my line," he said. I rolled my eyes and turned back around to keep dinner from burning. "No, no, it's not. You haven't had to say that in almost five years. Not since your surgery," I told him as I pushed the pot off the eye of the stove.

"Where did Henry go?" I asked him as I turned around to face him again. He pointed. "Bathroom, he wasn't lying. I almost made him pee his pants," he said. I chuckled while grabbing some plates and bowls from the cabinet beside us. "Help me set the table?" I asked him. He nodded and grabbed silverware and followed behind me.

"Henry do you need help?" I called out. I stood still waiting for a response. "No mommy! I got it," he called back and I resumed setting the table. Denny followed behind me with the silverware. It didn't take us long to set it seeing as there was only three of us. Denny came up and wrapped his arms around my waist again. "Denny I gotta grab the pot and put it on the table so we can eat," I told him.

He kissed my cheek. "You sit, rest, I'll get it," he said. I sighed but nodded and took a seat while propping my feet up in the seat beside me. He was right, I was exhausted from cleaning the house and chasing Henry around the house all day. I didn't realize how much energy a three year old could really have.

Denny sat a towel on the table befor bringing the pot over and sitting it on top of it. Henry came running through the house and haulted to a stop infront of his chair that he normally sat in. "Did you wash your hands?" I asked him. He smiled as he climbed up in his chair before showing me his hands.

"Good job, buddy," Denny said as he started putting food on our plates and in our bowls. Henry instantly dug in. "Be careful, it's still hot," I told him as I blew on mine. Denny sat down and took a drink of his tea before digging into his own food. "This is good, baby" Denny said between bites.

I smiled softly at him as I continued to watch Henry making sure that he was eating and also not burning himself. I took a few hesitant bites. It was good, but my stomach wasn't agreeing with it. I took a couple more bites before pushing everything away from me and taking a drink of water.

"Everything okay?" Denny asked me. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm good. Just not that hungry," I said as I took another sip of my water. Denny continued to eat and so did Henry. It was quiet, just the scraping of untensils against plates. I stood up and took my plate and bowl to the sink. When i came back both Denny and Henry were done too.

I grabbed their plates and bowls when Denny tried to stop me. "Honey, I'll get those, you need to go sit down," he said. I shook my head. "A few more dishes for the night won't kill me. You go give Henry a bath," he nodded and stood up while grabbing Henry from his chair. "Night night, baby," I called as they walked up the stairs together.

I quickly did the dishes and put the leftovers in the refrigerator before heading to the living room. Toys littered the whole room. I sighed and started picking them up. I felt like this was the hundreth time I had picked these up today. "Hey babe, hey sit, let me do that," Denny said as he walked into the living room.

Denny helped me off the floor and plopped me down on the couch gently. "The doctor told you that you needed to take it easy. You only have a couple more months left. But if you push it she might come earlier," Denny said as he finished picking up the toys before sitting on the couch beside me.

I put my feet up in his lap and he started rubbing them practically making me come undone. I moaned and closed my eyes as I laid my head back on a pillow. My hands went down to my swollen belly and I rubbed it gently. "I'm just ready for this to be over," I said as I felt a slight kick inside of me.

I reached a hand out to Denny and placed it on my belly where the kick was. Denny smiled. "I can't wait to meet our little girl," he said as he rubbed my belly gently. "I'm just ready for her to be out of me," I said as I slowly sat up. Denny helped me up and I laid into his side trying to get comfortable.

"We haven't even thought of a name yet," I said as he started playing with my hair. He chuckled. "We still have two months," he said. I nodded. "I know, but that will come quicker than what you think it will," I said. His fingernails scraped my scalp gently, but it brought a fire through my body.

I had a love hate relationship with pregnancy hormones. "Denny, if you don't stop I'm gonna end up jumping your bones," I told him as I laid a kiss on his neck. Denny's breath stopped before it came out ragged. "Don't tempt me," he said. It felt like his voice had dropped two octaves. I sat up and gave him a teasing look before standing up from the couch and walking towards my bedroom swaying my hips a little bit.

Denny lunged from the couch and I laughed as I tried to run into our bedroom. Denny shut the door behind us beore throwing his shirt over his head. I sat down on the edge of the bed and lifted my arms. Denny helped me out of my shirt which was actually his because it was the only thing that seemed to be fitting me right now.

I didn't have a bra on because they sucked when you were pregnant. Denny's eyes went dark as he drank me in. "God, you're gorgeous," he said as he lifted me gently to the top of the bed. His lips connected with mine hungrily as my arms went around his neck and locked him to me. Denny's hands started roaming not knowing where to stay.

"I love you," I said to Denny not knowing really what to do or what to say at this point because my body was in absolute bliss. Denny kissed my forehead before leaning back in the bed to get a good look at me. "I love you too, Emily," he said as he made a go at the belt buckle on his pants.

Emily....Emily....Emily.....Emily......EMILY!

I sat straight up in bed gasping for breath. My hand flew to my chest where I could feel that my heart was flying. Sweat clung to my body which made my hair stick to my face. I felt around the bed trying to grip on to anything that would bring me back to reality. My hand finally latched on to my phone.

I hit the home button to see that it was a little past two in the morning. "What the hell?!" I breathed while still trying to catch my breath. It was just a dream. "It was just a dream,"  I breathed as I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom. I turned on the light and grabbed a hairtie.

I pulled up my hair to get it off of my face before turning on the faucet to cold water. I splashed some on my face trying to cool myself off before patting my face dry with a towel. I leaned against the counter still trying to catch my breath. I had no clue where that dream had even came from.

I left the bathroom and walked out of my bedroom. I went down the stairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water hoping that it would somehow help me get back to sleep. I took a long drink from my glass before leaving the glass in the sink. I walked into the living room and could see the moonlight shining through the curtains.

I looked out the window to see an empty street. Nothing was making a sound. I looked over to Denny's house to see it completely dark. I wondered if he was sleeping peacefully or if he was tossing and turning like I was. I closed the curtains and made my way back upstairs to the bed hoping to get some more sleep and have less dreams about Denny.

--

Predictions?