Red

One of the many benefits of having super speed is that I can easily get home without needing anyone to drive me or having to drive myself

One of the many benefits of having super speed is that I can easily get home without needing anyone to drive me or having to drive myself. But right now I was more than thankful to be party vampire so I could have that ability.

I quickly walk back in the house and go right into the living room to just grab my bag. Eyes turn to me and Derek goes to stop me. "Hey, where are you going it's only been a couple of hours." He puts a hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off. I find my bag and grab it and give Derek a small smile.

"I'm tired, but I'll talk to you guys tomorrow." I look around the room and try to avoid Lexi's gaze. I hear murmurs of "okay" and I awkwardly smile and walk out the house.

In the corner of my eye, I see Theo wasn't sitting on the driveway anymore. He probably went back inside to his "fiancé."

I sigh and just start running back to the apartment. Luckily, I got back there in less then a couple of minutes and my hair wasn't that much of a mess.

I trudge up the stairs and past my old apartment. I sadly smile as I pass the door but then continue up the stairs.

When I get to my door I see it cracked slightly open and the strong smell of blood and alcohol filled my nose. I peek inside and I see someone inside with a bottle of whiskey in their hand.

I see the person turn around and I'm met with a smug smile and brown eyes. "God damn it, Grayson. There was no need to scare me." My tone is annoyed and frustrated. I walk in the apartment and close the door behind me.

He laughs and a smile fills his face. I throw my bag over to the side and I return my gaze to him. "Cozy, but bare." His eyes scan the room and I shrug.

"I just moved in yesterday, dumbass. What do you expect?" He holds his hand up in defense and the smug smile never leaves his lips.

"Even with your emotions on you're still feisty. I think I'll like this version of you better." I scoff and roll my eyes. I walk past him and go over to my closet to pull out a hoodie and a pair of shorts.

"You don't know me, Grayson. You know the other version." A red hoodie catches my eye and I realize it used to be my favorite.

A whoosh of air comes next to me and I feel a presence behind me. I feel arms wrap around my waist and his chin pressed down on my shoulder.

"Then why don't you show me that version. Remember, I was the one who tried to bring you back once. I wanted to actually get to know you and make you happy." He pauses for a second and a sigh escapes my lips. "I still do, princess." I try and squirm out of his grasp but he only tightened it.

"Haley, we spent a year together. I get that your emotions were off but we did so much together. Even after all of that, you didn't feel anything when your emotions were turned back on?" His voice sounded hopeful but with everything going on I haven't even had time to process anything else that happened.