- 𝟏𝟏 -

L R C

"It feels like we've been living in fast forward
Another moment passing by
The party's ending, but it's now or never
Nobody's going home tonight"
Up All Night - One Direction

"YOU WHAT?" Ah, how lovely to hear Mia's classic yelling...again.

I put my phone on speaker as I head into my closet to look for an outfit. In a couple hours Corbyn will be back here to pick me up for Eben's party. As soon as I got back home, I called Mia to catch her up on what'a happening. And as expected, there was lots of yelling and squealing coming from her end and lots of gibberish. "I'm going to Eben's party, Corbyn's picking me up at 7."

"And you didn't tell me this sooner?" she says, her voice almost breaking my phone speakers. I look to see what items would look good, but nothing seems to be working out. "It was a last minute decision, I literally just decided now."

"Well you have the absolute worst timing." I go back to my bed and pick up my phone, holding it up closer to me. "I was gonna invite you, well I am inviting you right now."

"And that's the thing, I have a date. I have a date and I would've said no if you told me sooner." I put my phone down on top of my dresser, trying to picture Mia at her date. Between the two of us, she's definitely been on more dates. But as far as stable, serious, long lasting relationships go...We're basically the same. "Aww Mia, you have a date? With who?"

"It doesn't matter who anymore. I could've been dancing the night away with those Why Don't We boys of yours..." she says. I can hear the disappointment in her voice, but at the same time I know she's joking.

"Well there's always next time M., I'll promise you that." I finally decide on two candidates for my outfit tonight. I get my phone and turn on my camera so I can facetime Mia and ask for her opinions.

"You better mean that." she says, still in bed. "So your mom's cool with you missing out on the first Sunday dinner since Magnolia came back?"

"Yeah she's cool with it considering Maggie isn't coming to dinner anyway. Apparently she's hanging with some friends from high school tonight." I hold up each outfit in hand, showing them to her on the camera.

"Well that should turn out well. Also, that one." she says, pointing to the outfit in my right hand. Ripped black jeans, a white spaghetti top, and my black heeled ankle boots. Cool. Looks like I have my outfit for tonight. "Yeah and Jordan's going out too but he didn't say where." I say, but she doesn't say anything. She probably didn't hear me. "So...you gonna tell me about this date you're going on?"

Her face goes red as she breaks eye contact. "It was kinda a last minute thing...nothing too special." a tiny smile on her face appears as she talks very little about the date. Looks like it is very special.

"Well do I at least know the person?" I ask, trying to read her expression.

"Yeah you do...but can we not talk about it now? I promise I'll tell you everything after the date." Mia doesn't ask much for anything to anyone, so this must be important.

"Of course. Have fun okay?" I say with a friendly smile.

"Yeah you too Lar." she responds. "Well I should probably go, he's gonna be here soon."