- 𝟐𝟗 -

L R C

"Nothing happened in the way I wanted
Every corner of this house is haunted
And I know you said that we're not talking
But I miss you, I'm sorry"
i miss you, i'm sorry - Gracie Abrams

"You guys what!?" I hear Mia say from her closet. She has a date with Jordan today and I offered to help her pick out an outfit. While doing so, I thought it was only fair if I updated her on what's happened with me and Corbyn. 

"We're just friends." I tell her as I sit on her bed. She comes out of her closet, hangers in hand, jaw dropped. "Now that's the biggest lie I've ever heard. Total bull." she says as she tosses the outfits on her bed next to me. 

"But it's true so..." I say, trying not to make a big deal out of it. She shoots me a glare and makes a face at me. "So you're saying, you two admitted you like each other, made out on our couch, then a week later your face is all over social media and all of a sudden decide that things won't work out?" she says.

"Well when you put it like that then..."

"It sounds like you two are the most problematic people on the face of this earth." she says way too honestly. I give her a look and she looks back at me, eyes wide. "Whaat? It's a match made in heaven then! So when's the wedding?" she asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes at her as my gaze goes over to the clothes on her bed.

"Fine, sorry Lar. Just trying to brighten up the mood here." she says, sitting down on a nearby moving box that's still full. We've been here for almost 3 weeks now and she still hasn't finished unpacking. 

"I'm fine I swear. It's not like I need a distraction from Corbyn or anything." I tell her. I take out my phone to see hundreds of notifications from people still tagging me in posts regarding me and Corbyn. A hundred names, but none of them named Corbyn. It's been 3 days now since we've been avoiding each other. I don't think any of us could bear the awkward silence.

"Okay you saying that is literally a cry for help." she explains. Although she's wrong, I'm still interested as to what she has in mind. "Isn't it Harvey's birthday next week? Why don't you plan a party or something for him? Sixteen's a big deal you know." she says. Honestly, it's not a bad idea. 

"You know what? Maybe I will." I say, getting up from her bed and walking out her room.

"Wait you didn't help me pick an outfit!" she calls out. I come back into her room, peeking in from the door and look at the two choices on her bed. "The matching set." I tell her before finally walking out.

I get out from the apartment for the first time in days. Now that I'm unemployed and have absolutely zero summer plans, staying home sounds pretty good to me. I turned off notifications from Twitter and Snapchat since my phone's been blowing up from both of those apps. I don't even know how people found my Snap, it's not like any of the boys tagged me in the story. But I guess that doesn't matter now anyways, they've found me and they know my name. They all do now. 

Since I haven't been going out, the Silverado Nate gave me hasn't been put to much use these past days. Although, it's not like it's the easiest thing to drive in LA. I get to the house to see everyone's car there. Looks like everybody is home today, probably already prepping for Harvey's birthday. 

I walk up to the front porch, letting myself in the house. "Anyone home?!" I yell, waiting to see if anyone will show up. Only a couple minutes later, Mom comes rushing from down from upstairs to greet me with a hug. "Well this is a surprise...Do you need something?" she asks jokingly.