Distractions

I woke up the next morning on someone's chest so I look up to see Leigh-anne. She's awake and on her phone I do a little whine and stretch snuggling back into her chest. 

She laughs a bit, "Well good morning to you too." She says rubbing my back. 

"No. It's still sleepy time." I say wanting to go back to sleep. 

"It's a travel day so you can stay in the bunk all day." She says and I look up to see her smiling down at me. 

"Will you stay with me?" I ask her hoping she'll say yes. 

She opens her mouth to reply but is cut off by the curtain opening to reveal Jade. 

"Oh good you're awake. You promised to watch West Side Story with me." Jade says. 

"Oh right, I'll be there in a sec lemme brush my teeth first." I say and she nods walking away. 

I turn to see Leigh in a not so happy mood. 

"Hey you okay?" I ask her. 

"Yeah, I just miss Jordan." She says causing my mood to change. 

"Right. Thanks for taking me to bed last night." I say and avoid eye contact with her getting out of my bunk. 

I hear her groan as I walk to the front of the bus to brush my teeth but I choose to ignore Leigh. 

I think I'm silently thankful Jade came and interrupted our little moment if you even want to call it that. I need some distractions from Leigh I need someone to talk about it with. I think I'm going to tell Jade. 

I finished and put my glasses on meeting Jade in the back room. Before I can sit next to her she asks me, "Can you grab your blanket pleaseeeeee?". 

I roll my eyes turning around on my heels going back to my bunk. 

"Hey just grabbing my blanket." I say to Leigh who is still in my bed for whatever reason and I grab my soft warm Stitch blanket. 

She nods keeping her eyes on even as I walk away. I go back to the backroom tossing Jade the blanket taking my place next to her. 

She started the movie and put her arm over me pulling me closer as I snuggle into her side. 

"Jade?" I ask looking up to her and she pauses the movie looking back down at me.

"What's up babe?" She asks and I take a deep breath. 

"I like Leigh-anne. Like really like her." I say and then look down avoiding eyes contact. 

"Aw bubs." She says hugging me tight. "I'm so happy. you two are literally perfect together." 

I smile slightly looking at her again. "Well hate to burst your bubble but she doesn't like me like that and not to mention she's with Jordan." 

She was about to speak when I cut her off. "Can we just watch the movie? I kinda want a distraction from everything." 

She nods and plays the movie. 

Right as intermission ended Leigh came in. 

"Hey can I join you guys?" She asks staring at us. 

"Sure." Jade says and Leigh sits next to me putting my legs on her lap placing a blanket over us. 

Leigh puts her hands on my legs and begins rubbing it slowly going just above my knee then down to my mid calf. 

I try to ignore her touch but it's getting harder and harder each time her hand goes up and down. 

About 10 minutes later I needed to get out of her touch. 

"I'm going to get some snacks." I say and get up before anyone could reply and head to the front of the bus. 

Before I could get to the front someone grabs my wrist stopping me and turning me around pulling me into them. 

I see that it's Leigh. 

"Uh can I help you?" I ask trying not to look in her beautiful brown eyes. 

She slips her hands around my waist and she leans down to me ear. 

"You can help me in more way than one." She says then pulls away. "But a water and sour candy will do for now." She then walks back to the backroom leaning me a bit flustered. 

I grab three waters and put the sour watermelon in a bowl for all of us. 

I go back to the room taking my spot in-between Jade and Leigh except I cuddle into Jade's side and put my legs on her lap as well so I am not touching Leigh. 

I hear her scoff a bit causing me to smirk on the inside. 

The movie ends and Jade gets a call so she goes to her bunk. 

I go on my phone and try to keep myself busy while alone with Leigh. 

"Are you just going to ignore me now?" She asks snatching my phone from my hands. 

"I wasn't ignoring you." I say lying through my teeth. 

"Sure. And what's up with you not wanting to be near me. You didn't seem to mind this morning." She says getting closer to me till we're face to face. 

"Things change. Don't you have to call Jordan or something. The movie was pretty long wouldn't want you to miss another second of not hearing his voice." I say and grab my phone leaving the backroom and I hear her smack the leather couch in frustration. 

I get a Instagram notification that I received a DM from a person from the US but they're verified. 

It's from Alex Morgan. I've heard of her. She's plays soccer for the US team. 

In the DM's:

Alex: Hey. I'm a fan of your music and a fan of you. You are really beautiful.

I blush reading this because she is also very beautiful herself. Before I could reply my phone is taken from my hands once again. I look up to see Jade. 

"So this is why you're blushing." She says smirking at me. 

"Who's making Kayla blush?" Leigh-anne asks walking into the front of the bus  sounding a little jealous. 

Jade locks the phone putting it into her pocket. 

Leigh rolls her eyes grabbing my phone from Jade unlocking it. Damn I should haven't made it the date we got put together. 

Her eyes scan across the screen and her fingers begin to move so I quickly grab my phone out of her hands before she could send anything. 

"Leigh!" I say erasing what she typed and replied to Alex. 

Me: I'm not gonna lie and say I'm a fan because I don't really watch soccer but you are very beautiful as well and hot. 

I lock my phone satisfied and I look back at Leigh who is glaring at me a bit. 

"You don't even know her." She says crossing her arms. 

"Exactly so I'm going to get to know her and see where we go." I say smiling a bit. 

She just scoffs and walks away. 

Maybe Alex is the distraction I've been looking for. 

Maybe I can make Leigh jealous and see if she has feelings for me as well. 

(A/N: I'm going to try and post three or four days a week. So not as often as the last book but hopefully you all will enjoy it!)