Therapy

Jade and I are on a plane right now heading to the States. It's been about a week since I last talked to Leigh and she has been texting me everyday but I have yet to respond to her. 

Jade has been great and trying to help me keep my mind off things. 

We finally arrive to the States, Oregon, more specifically, at 2:30am. We grab our luggage and head outside waiting for Sonnett to pull up. 

She arrives and Jade jumps on her arms as Sonnett catches her. Lindsey gets out of the driver seat and gives me a hug grabbing mine and Jade's suitcases. 

Jade and Sonnett sit in the back and I sit in the front wit Lindsey. 

"So serious question. What jersey are you wearing on game day?" She asks since they are playing Orlando. 

"I only have Alex's USWNT jersey so I might wear that." I say and she rolls her eyes. 

"I'll give you my Thorns one then because you in are Thorns territory now." She says and I chuckle and nod. 

We soon arrive at their apartment since Lindsey's place has more rooms then Sonnett's and Son didn't want to be anywhere without Jade which is cute. 

I suddenly get sad thinking about Leigh since I do miss her but I know we need this time away from each other. 

"Hey Kayla you can share my bed instead of the couch." Lindsey says and I smile gratefully following her to them room as Jade follows Son to the guest room. 

I put my case down pulling out my pj shorts and big shirt. 

Lindsey comes out of the bathroom and I go in and wash my face and brush my teeth. I come back out and see Lindsey in bed and put a pillow in between us. 

I get in and say, "Thank you Lindsey, you're a good friend." 

"No problem, you've been through a lot and what kind of friend would I be if I wasn't there for you." She says making me smile. 

I turn over and close my eyes exhausted. 

I woke up the next day to a body jumping on me. 

"WAKE UP KAY!" I hear Alex say. 

I groan and open my eyes to see a sleepy Jade as well as Lindsey, Sonnett, and Alex looking like they all just finished practice. 

"What time is it?" I ask and Alex flops down on me. 

"12pm." She says and I glare at her. 

"Was that really necessary?" I say and she nods so I push her off the bed. 

They all exit the room but Alex stays. 

"Al I need to change." I say. 

"Yes I know." She says smirking and I roll my eyes. "I mean Leigh-anne fucked up so I'm hoping there's a space for me?" She smiles widely. 

I laugh and shake my head, "You're something else." I say and grab my clothes heading to Lindsey's bathroom locking the door. 

I put on some jeans and a cropped sweatshirt. I exit the bathroom to see Alex making the bed. 

"Aw thank you Alex." I say and put my night clothes back in my case. 

We exit to the living room and we see Sonnett and Jade snuggling on the couch. 

"Y'all make me sick." Alex jokes making Lindsey and I laugh. "Also Linds I hope you didn't make any moves on my girl." She says and puts her arm around me making me scoff and throw her arm off.