First Birthday

1999, Houston, TX

 Beyoncé's POV

Awe, today is my lil mama's birthday. She was laying right beside asleep. She probably don't even know what's going on. I decided to wake her up.

Her eyes started to open and she was looking around. She rolled over and then rolled back over and looked at me.

"Ma ma, it's your birthday." I said smiling.

She looked at me like okay, and. I laughed and picked her up. 

"Today, you're one." I said. "You ready to see daddy?"

She started smiling when I said that. Oh, now there's a smile. She's such a daddy's girl.

"Yeah, well daddy will be here later." I said.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I yelled.

Kelly and Solange came in smiling.

"Awe, my god baby is one years old." Kelly said cooing and picking her up.

"How long you been up?" Solange asked.

"Not that long, I was just looking at her for a minuet. I remember when I brought her home and she was so tiny. Now look at her."

"I know." Solange said as we looked at Kelly hold her.

"We gonna party today." Kelly said to Chanel.

Kelly passed Chanel to Solange.

"So what needs to be done today?" Kelly asked.

"Nothing really, mama said she got everything. I offered to help but you know how she is." I said.

"What time is Shawn getting here?" Solange asked.

"When ever his plane lands." I said shrugging. "Let's go downstairs I know mama cooked."

We got up and went downstairs. Like I said my mama had breakfast ready.

"Morning Mama." I said.

"Good morning." She said and then took Chanel from Solange. "Happy Birthday Midget."

Chanel was more into the food that was going on my plate then what my mom was saying. 

We ate breakfast and Chanel ate with my mom. We then went to get ready. After I got dressed I got Chanel ready. Her father wanted her to wear this roc-a-wear outfit. I mean their really coming together with the clothing line. I even have a few outfits. I did Chanel's hair and then we went downstairs. We went in the living room and my dad was in there. 

"Oh, bring the birthday girl over here." He said.

I passed her to him. Oh my god, y'all think Chanel and Shawn are something. Chanel and my dad are adorable. 

I heard the door after awhile and went to answer it. It was Shawn and Ty Ty. We all hugged as they came in.

"Where's your mom?" I asked.

"She's resting at the hotel." He said. "I told her I would come back for her."

I nodded and we went towards the living room. Chanel looked and her eyes got big and she smiled.

"Hi ma ma." Shawn said really excited.

My dad passed her to him.

"Happy Birthday ma ma." Shawn said holding her.

"Da da." She said.

"Yes, I missed you so much." He said walking around with her and kissing her.