Let's Get Married

2008, New York

Chanel's POV

I walked through the hall. My head was in curls and already done. I looked in the different rooms looking for my mom. Today was the day. Finally my parents are getting married. It took them forever.

"Chanel! You need to be dressed!" My godmother said walking towards me.

"I know but I want to see my mom."

"Let's get you dressed first then you can see her when she's dressed."

"Okay."

I went with my godmother to get ready. I was in a pretty white dress. After I got ready my mom wasn't finished getting dressed so I looked for my daddy.

I went towards his office and he was with my uncles.

"Hey midget." My dad said.

I went over to him. He was sitting at his desk.

"You ready?" He asked.

"The question is are you ready?" I said.

I looked at all my uncles and they all had glasses with a dark brown looking drink.

"Daddy, what's in the glass?" I asked.

"Something you can't have." He said and my uncles laughed.

I shrugged it off and got up.

"I'm going to see mommy." I said.

"Okay, I'll see you in 30 minuets okay."

"Okay daddy." I said and left the room.

I went back to where the women were. My grandmas and Angie were making sure everything was where it was supposed to be. The flowers, the chairs, and the food. A lot was going on. 

I finally went in the room and my mom was dressed. They were touching up her hair.

"Mommy." I said.

"Hi baby." She said. "You look so cute."

"Thank you, you look beautiful." I said

"Thank you." She said. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, how long will I have to stand up there though?" I asked.

"Not long." She said.

Yeah right, more than 10 minutes is long.