Hard Knock Life

Beyoncé's POV

November 1998, New York

I was in the studio recording "Confessions" while trying to teach Chanel to walk.

She been learning bit by bit with Shawn and I always miss it. He would call telling me what I missed and of course I was pissed but I do the same with him.

"Come on mama, walk for mommy." I said smiling.

Chanel took a step and as soon as I let go she fell.

"So you not walking today?" I asked as Chanel laughed.

I picked her up and kissed her face everywhere as she laughed.

"Aye Bey, come lay this part." Missy said.

"Okay, let me go get Kelly to watch her." I said as I picked up Chanel and carried her on my waist.

"Kel-E." Chanel said.

"Yes, Boo." I said as she left out the studio.

I went in search for Kelly. I was walking when I saw Kelly walking with a bag.

"Kelly." I said as she stopped.

"Get your own food Bey, only Chanel can have some." Kelly said.

"I don't want your food but can you watch Chanel for me while I lay a part?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm about to go in there to eat anyway." She said.

We walked back in the studio and I sat Chanel down as Kelly sat down.

"Mama." Chanel said.

"I'll be back but mama gotta sing. You can look at me right there." I said pointing towards the window. "Signal me if you need me."

"Girl get out, you act like I've never watched her." Kelly said. 

"Okay." I said as I went in the booth and started recording.

Kelly's POV

I had placed Chanel on the floor as I ate. I let her crawl around.

"Lil Mama!" I yelled out.

I held out a piece of chicken and Chanel struggled to stand up but that was normal. What shocked me was when she began walking towards me. When she got to me I stood up and picked up her up. 

Beyoncé's POV

While I was going over a part in the booth I looked up and saw Kelly jumping up and down with Chanel and I was confused. Missy looked at me and then turned around to Kelly.