Insecure Artist

Miami, Florida

Beyoncé's POV

I turned over in the hotel bed. I stretched but didn't feel Shawn next to me. I got up and went towards the bathroom to take a shower.

Today we're in Miami and we have a show tonight. I got dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. I went around the hotel towards Blue's voice.

I walked in the living room. 

"Mommy!"

I picked her up and kissed.

"Hey." I said and looked up at Shawn."Where's Chanel and Nae?"

"The studio."

"The studio? They went back?"

"No, after you fell asleep they called me and said they didn't want to leave." He said.

"They been there all night? Is James with them?"

"Yes but they said they couldn't leave."

I understand about not wanting to leave the studio, I mean I get it but I don't want them in the studio. Their at Hit Factory. 

"So have they eaten, have you talked to them?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you to get up so we can get some breakfast for them." 

I nodded and looked down at Blue.

"You ready?"

She nodded and I went to get my bag and shoes.

We got some breakfast and headed over to the studio. We walked into their studio and James was standing right outside the door. 

We greeted him and he opened the door. We walked in and Nae was at the controls and Chanel was in the booth.

"Hi ma, hi daddy, hi Blue." 

"Hey." I said.

Nae turned around cause she didn't hear us come in.

"Morning fam." She said yawning.

"Y'all, take a break and come eat."

Chanel sat the headphones down and Nae came over.

"Late night?" I said.

Chanel smiled and nodded her head.

"Is this for the next mixtape?"

"Yeah, we changing stuff up?" Nae said.

"Like how?" Shawn asked.

"Well, you know how I sung the song to mommy and we re-did "Can I Live" and songs like that so." Chanel said. "I talked to the team and we want to tone down a bit. We about to be 17 and we kind of want to really talk to some people."

"What do y'all wanna say?" I asked.

"We wanna speak our truth." Nae said.

"And what's that?" Shawn asked.

"We come from a different side of life. All kids that listen to us are not poverty stricken so we want to talk to them." Chanel said.

"We want to be the middle man." Nae said. "We don't know nothing about street life but we know what life as a teenager has been."

"Okay, how much did you record?"

"Like, 4 songs." Chanel said.

I was impressed.

"I talked to Uncle 'Ye and he liked the idea." Chanel said.

"You talked Ye?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, I mean y'all were getting ready for the tour and stuff so I called him." Chanel said.