Not Guilty

Teaneck, New Jersey, 2001

Shawn's POV

These last couple of months have been hell. Bey and I have been mad rocky ever since that incident at the studio. I know I apologized and she accepted but still. I'm not gonna lie I get jealous when I see Bey with other niggas and that's only because I want to be with her truly. The last time I told her that my actions said other wise and I know I hurt her. I just want to make things right with the woman I love, the mother of my child.

I was fixing my tie in the mirror. My court date was today. I wasn't nervous, my lawyer told me what to do and I should get probation and a fine.

"You ready?" Ty Ty yelled. 

"Hold up nigga!" I yelled.

I took a deep breath and looked at my watch. I knew if we didn't leave soon we'd be late.

I double checked myself in the mirror and left my room. We were already to go until I heard a knock at the door.

Bleek went to answer it while I slipped some gum in my mouth to calm my nerves.

"I'm not late am I?" I heard.

I looked and Bey walked in with Bleek.

"Uh, no." I said confused. "What are you doing here?"

"This is your court date." She said lifting her shades.

"I know but-"

"You're my best friend. I ride for you. Don't make it complicated." She said.

I nodded and walked towards her. I embraced her in a hug.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." She said.

"Alright now Bonnie & Clyde." Ty Ty said and we pulled apart. "Biggs is downstairs with your moms so let's go."

We all walked out the door to leave. We got in the Escalades and I sat between my mom and Bey. I kept chewing my gum to keep calm.

We made it to the courthouse and Biggs opened the door and helped Bey out and then I got out and helped my mom.

I walked in holding both their hands and we met with my lawyer and went in the courtroom.

Beyoncé's POV

Ms. Gloria and I sat down with Dame, Ty Ty, Bleek, Biggs and some other people. Shawn sat with his lawyer. It was nerve wracking watching the trial. I just hoped everything that the lawyer told him would work out that way.