Ch. 9

Ah, it's Sunday, my favorite weekend. I finally got a chance to train with Doctor Fate. Last night when I was about to sleep, the notebook is floating and shining in front of me. I grabbed it and opened it, it has a message from Doctor Fate :

Dear apprentice, tomorrow you shall come to my lair. It is time to begin your magic lesson.

   I cast a magic portal spell to the Doctor Fate's lair. Miss Cramer welcomed me with a warm, delicious Earl gray tea. I can see that Doctor Fate is already waiting in the field, not too far from his lair. "Come apprentice, let's begin our lesson." He began by asking me if I had experience with magic, I said no because my world doesn't have a superhero or villain, just a normal plain world. Then Doctor Fate teaches me a basic magic spell, I think some of them were familiar with Zatanna's spell. Half an hour gone by, finally I can take a rest.

   "Doctor Fate? Can I ask you something?"
   "As long as I can answer it."
   "Do you know John Constantine?"
   "Ah, that lecherous magician. Do you want to know about him?"
   "No. I just wanna know if you're familiar with him."
   "He is famous for doing many rituals and have many connections with every spiritual being."
   "Yeah. I once watch his own movie back in the previous life, turns out he learnt magic and occult since kids, I thought he is pure magician or his parents were a magician, unfortunately not."
   "What do you think about him, apprentice?"
   "Well...he's not a villain, more like anti-hero to me, but as far as I know, he wouldn't join the villain side." Doctor Fate only looked at me silently but at least it's not in an awkward way.

   "Doctor Fate? I know this is sudden and maybe rude...do you take me as an apprentice so that I can become the next Doctor Fate?"
   "Do not be afraid, apprentice! I have so many and better vessels out there than you for the next Doctor Fate. Besides, you, becoming my apprentice is much better." That's sound assuring, because I don't wanna be a Doctor Fate at all. Few hours later, the practice is finally done, finally I can masters some of the spells. I said goodbye to Doctor Fate and his wife and opened the magic portal to my room.

   Alfred said that Bruce and Dick is patrolling around Gotham. I'm bored. Everybody's busy—Bruce and Dick patrolling, Alfred probably cleaning the whole mansion right now so I shouldn't bother him. I wanna take a nap but I'm not tired yet even though that training with Doctor Fate sure it's exhausting to me. I'm heading to the kitchen and decided to make some sweets since this is the only thing I can do while I'm waiting for them to comeback. I checked every single pantry and the fridge to get every single ingredients that I can use—Graham crackers, heavy cream, a can of condensed milk, cocoa powder, and banana. Rich people pantry sure have a lot of things, when I was in previous life, I can't even afford some of these ingredients since my salary is used for bought a merchandise and action figure.

   Still, what should I make with all these ingredients? Come to think of it, I used to craving a Banoffee pie, I tried to make it once and the taste is unbelievably sweet and delicious. Well, since these ingredients are all perfect match, Banoffee pie it is. I crushed the Graham crackers and add some melted butter and put it into the pie mold and let it bake for a few minutes. Then, I let the condensed milk completely submerge in a water bath and bring to boil until it thickens. I let out the crust from the oven and filled it with the toffee and let it cool for 15 minutes. While waiting I sliced the bananas and whipping the cream. After the pie is cold enough, I put a sliced banana and toffee on top, then I add whipped cream and lastly, some cocoa powder.

   Damn, the presentation looks beautiful and glorious—the crust is perfect and not  burn, the dripping toffee makes it more tempting. I took a slice of it and taste it, it's delicious.

   "Miss Alisa, what happened here? Why is the kitchen so messy?" Alfred suddenly popped-up from the hall.
   "Alfred! You scared me."
   "Were you cooking, miss Alisa?"
   "Yes Alfred but don't worry, I clean it up."
   "Using the oven?"
   "Yeah."
   "Miss Alisa, do you know how to use an oven?"
   "Yeah. Why do you a-" I suddenly remembered that I'm 9 year old but with a soul of 26 years old. A kid like Alisa shouldn't know how to use oven and any other kitchen appliances.

   "My mom," I said, "we used to making sweets and dessert together and watch mom put in and out cakes and pies from the oven so yeah, that's how I know how to use an oven."
   "I see. It is a rare occasion when a child like miss Alisa can use kitchen appliances very well. By the way miss Alisa, what are you making?"
   "Banoffee pie. Here Alfred, have a slice."
   "It is delicious miss Alisa. What a splendid dessert."
   "Thanks, Alfred."
   We eventually eating pie together until Bruce and Dick arrived just in time. "Whoa! What's that Alisa," sk Dick, "is that a pie?" "Yes. You're just in time for a pie."
   "It's good Alisa," Bruce said while took a bite of the pie, "how did you made this?" "My mom and I always makes sweets back in the days." Bruce gently smiled and pat my head and eventually all of us eating pie together, as a family.

   The next morning, Alfred offered me to bring the leftover pie to school, truthfully, I don't wanna eat another sweets because I'm afraid getting diabetes since the amount of sweetness from the pie is glorious, but  I took the the pie anyway to the school.

   "Good morning Alisa." As soon as I arrived, Lucas greeted me cheerfully but I find him annoying. "What Lucas?" "A simple reply would be good, you know." Then I grab my leftover pie and hand it to him. "If I give you this, will you stay away."

   "What's that?" "A pie, duh." "Did you make this Alisa?" "Yeah but it's leftover from yesterday, I already ate too much. You can eat it if you want." Lucas took a while staring at the pie, then he grab the pie from the box and eat it with his hand.

   "Hey! At least wait until lunch time! Use utensils instead your hand." "It's delicious. It's my first pie ever." "You kidding, right?" "No, I'm not joking, It's good. When we're married, I want you to cook for me everyday." "What th- okay that's it! I won't giving you anything starts today."