Ch. 10

What the hell does Lucas thinking just now? Eating pie with hands like a pizza? He said that it's his first pie ever, is it really his first pie? Ugh! Why am I thinking this? I should be focus on the class.

   "Alisa are you free today?" Ask Anna after the lunchtime bells rings.
   "Yeah, what's up?"
   "Wanna go to my uncle's cafe after school? I've already asked Alina and Aysha to come, they agreed."
   "Sounds good. It's not been a month but I miss your uncle's purple yam pie."

   "Can I come too?" Suddenly Lucas just showed up behind us. "No you're not coming with us! This is only for girls!" I said. "But the cafe isn't yours, right? So I just ask Anna." "Anna, don't you dare say yes to this kid!"

   "Come on, Alisa," Anna said, "the more the merrier. You can come too, Lucas, I hope you don't mind taking bus with us." "You don't have to take a bus. My driver can take you all to the cafe."

   School is ended, I can see Lucas's ride is there in front of the gate. I can't believe everyone except me are agreed to let Lucas come with us. I can see his face looks excited like a child taken to an ice cream truck. As usual, Anna's uncle welcomed us wholeheartedly. "What's your favorite, Alisa?" Ask Lucas. "Why do you ask?" "I wanna eat your favorite as well, can't I?" "Fine. The purple yam one right there." "What's a purple yam?" "I'll tell you after you taste it." Then he took a bite of the pie and I can see his face is brighter than the usual, he ate so much that he almost choked.

   "Slow down will ya? Here, have some water."
   "Sorry. It's because it's delicious, I'm glad I asked your favorite."
   "It's just a pie, alright. You don't have to exaggerate about it."
   So far so good, we have a long and nice talk, get to know each other even though Lucas is pissing me off somehow.

*Crash*

   Suddenly, I saw from the window there's a car just fall down like it was being thrown, could it be there's villain in action? It's perfect. This could be my chance to see superheroes in action. I can't tell if I'm excited or afraid, I hope the bad guys only focusing on the street instead here. "You kids stay here until the situation is good to go," Anna's uncle said. A couple of men in black suddenly just entered the cafe in the middle of the crisis—it was Lucas bodyguards that I saw inside the car.

   "Young master! The boss ordered us to fetch you. Come before those bad guys wipe this city!"
   "Now hold on just a minute!" Anna's uncle yelled at those bodyguards. "The situation is chaos back there. It's safe here rather than the outside with the bad guys."
   "Why you old man-"
   "He's got the point," I have no choice have to jump in this situation although I really don't like this kid so much. "If you prefer go out there now, it's a dead or alive matter. Unless, if you really wanna risk your life going out there while there's still a bad guy. What if they kidnap the young master? Your boss sure don't like this and immediately fire you guys right away. But it's not my decision though, it's his decision."

   Those bodyguards stood there in silent waiting for an answer from Lucas, while holding their embarrassing look after I gave them some of my words. "She's right you two, I prefer stay here rather than kick by a bad guys." The bodyguards later apologize to Anna's uncle and soon he offered a coffee and some dessert. Rather than that, I wanna watch who are the bad guys just now. I saw vines, and some...killer plants? There's only one villainess I know—Poison Ivy. She might already rampaging half of the city, where are the superheroes? Where's Batman and Robin when Gotham needed it?

   "Look! It's Batman and Robin!"

   One of the citizen outside Cafe screaming for their name. It's true. It's Batman and Robin.

   "Don't bother you two," Poison Ivy said, "nature always wins."

   Without a hesitant, they both just jump right into the fighting. I finally seen them both fighting, for real. Batman throwing some Batarang, Robin give her some kicks, and eventually Poison Ivy got beaten. Once the GCPD came, Batman talks to Gordon. Robin then looking towards the cafe and wave to someone, I look back and turn around, pointing myself giving him a signal if he's waving at me, he nodded with a bright smile and I wave him back with a bright smile.

   "Do you know him Alisa?" Lucas said suddenly.
   "No, why?"
   "Then why are you waving at him?"
   "Well I could be wrong 'cause...maybe just misunderstood. He could be waving at someone else's, and I thought he's waving at me." Judging by his look, he didn't buy it but eventually he gave up asking.

   Several minutes since the ambush, finally Alfred's car is here. Before I exit the cafe, I saw that red hood boy again at the window. I ask Anna's uncle if he know the boy and he said yes, turns out that since a week ago, that boy is always waiting at the dumpster, he doesn't mean any harm so Anna's uncle gave him a scraps. I told Alfred to wait because I got something left behind, but that's just an excuse. As soon as I there that boy is sitting behind the dumpster—his body is facing through the backdoor and covering his face.

   "Who's there!" The boy said when I tried to wake him.
   "Hey, calm down. It's me." The boys expression, from the sudden fear became calm in instant.
   "Where have you been? I waited for you for a week."
   "I only go there if I'm invited, I'm sorry."
   "Well, it's not your fault though."
   "Hey, you still hungry?"
   "I'm hungry everyday, why?"
   "Here."
   "A pie? Why did you give this to me?"

   "I made too much yesterday and I got leftover. I tried to finish it at school but I can't have sweets again."
   "You...you don't have to give me something every time we meet."
   "At least this is all I can do to help you. Sorry, I gotta go. My car is waiting." Shit! I forgot to ask his name again.