Ch. 6

"You look splendid, Miss Alisa."
   "Thank you, Alfred. But isn't this too much for cancellation meeting?"

   "I don't think so," Alfred said, "this dress is personally picked by Master Bruce himself. You can thank him later." I hope today is going smoothly because Lucas is so persistent than I expected. It's going to be okay. Bruce is besides me and going help through this. Dick is also wanna come but Bruce said no. "Uncle Bruce? Thank you for the dress. Do I look beautiful?" I innocently said that to Bruce and surprisingly he smiled at pat my head and started to carry me. At this moment, my mind is going to be fully childish despite my actual age is 26-years old.

   After several minutes, we finally arrived. Compare to the Wayne Manor, Kingston's Mansion is not bad either. I can see Lucas is already waiting with his parents at the lobby. "Welcome Mister Wayne and of course, Alisa Carlyle, please come in!" As I before entered, Lucas is already smiled at me on purpose. I pretend disgusted at him so that he lose interest, but turns out, instead he laughed a little and walk towards me and eventually stand beside me.

   "Now, Mr. Wayne, as we discussed on the other day, you want to annul Alisa and Lucas engagement, is that right?" Mr. Luke Kingston said. "Yes, Mr. Kingston. My daughter is personally asked for this meeting so that she can express her opinion why did she want to annul the engagement. Now Alisa, you may speak." As soon as Bruce finished his sentence, I hesitately try talk but I gather my courage to speak. I can see Luca's smiled so bright as if this plan would never go well—it irritates me a little.

   "Mr. Kingston, as you know, I'm here in this meeting to annul my engagement with Lucas. Before my parents passed away, I was a unmannered and arrogant child. I almost bullied every classmates I know, until I realized I was wrong after my parents passed away. Maybe I reflecting my past behavior now, but still, I'm guilty for my behavior. Lucas maybe uncomfortable with me and probably thinking that I embarrassed him, so that's why I want to cancel my engagement." Everyone including Bruce are looked at me silently, not noticing that I have finished my sentences. Everyone are shocked except Lucas—he still smiled at me just now hold his laugh. What the fuck is this child thinking now?

   "I see..." Mr. Luke Kingston said, "now then my son, what do you think? Do you agree to cancel your engagement?"
   "If Alisa said so." Lucas said. I felt relived at second but I still don't this kids word that just come out. "But..." Then Lucas is trying to speak again. "I wouldn't give up on Alisa. Although I agree to cancel our engagement, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on Alisa." I knew this shitty kid would said something about same word as we spoke through phone last night. I can see clearly Bruce's menacing and angry looking towards Lucas, his parents are just laughing. It looks like although my plan cancelling the engagement is successful, Lucas is still aiming for me.

   After we have a small chat after the meeting, we finally say goodbye to Kingston's family. Just having a small meeting like this makes me tired. I'm a business woman, I used to be often attending a meeting but why do I feel tired for just small meeting?

   "Are you alright, Alisa?" I can see Bruce is still concerned about what happen just now. I feel bad for him knowing that the plan is halfway success.
   "I'm alright, Uncle Bruce. Despite what happen just now, thank you for helping me throughout the meeting."
   "So now, what about that kid Lucas? Probably he's just messing with you."
   "Don't worry, Uncle, I can handle him by myself."
   "I see. But if he's bothering you, don't hesitate to tell me or Alfred alright."

   "Okay, Uncle." "Alisa...back then," "What is it, Uncle Bruce?" "You sounded like an adult." Oh no! I totally forgot that I'm 7 year-old girl, not an adult woman anymore. I have to make up an excuse. "Oh. It's just...I've been practicing while you're gone last night. I'm afraid my thoughts weren't take seriously because I'm a child so that's why I've practicing."

   "You're doing great, Alisa." Bruce seemed please about my action back then. After we arrived at the Manor, I can see Dick ran towards us, as if he waiting for a long time. "Alisa! How was the meeting?" Dick said. "It was...great. Yeah. Pretty great." "You didn't sound like you mean it." "Haha, I told you it's going pretty smooth. Now I'm gonna change my clothes so excuse me." I nervously laugh because I don't want Dick to interfere my quarrel between me an Lucas, I believe it will not ended up good if he knows.

   The next morning after I arrived at school, I was welcomed by Anna, then we greet each other and start walking towards the class. "Good morning Alisa!" I was a little surprised by a stranger greet behind me, it was Lucas. "M-morning," I said. I just have to ignore him so that he can eventually bored.

   After several hours, the class is finally over. Me and Anna are decided to go to her Uncle's Cafe since Anna invited me, thankfully I already ask Bruce and he said yes. At the Cafe, Anna's Uncle is pretty nice. He gave me every pieces of pie including my favorite, fudge pie and purple yam pie, both top with meringue. After we finished eating while waiting for Alfred I went toilet first. After that I saw the back door opened. I curiously open the door, as I thought, only a dumpster and pile of garbage. I immediately caught my on something—a boy with a red hood sitting right next at the dumpster, he seemed kinda familiar. "Hey, are you alright?" I greeted the boy and he immediately suprised by my presence. "Who are you?" The boy said. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you, are you alright?" I asked. I can hear his stomach grumbling, probably he is homeless and orphan who is struggling to eat or even to live. I still remember a piece of bread and a drinkable yogurt that I brought from home.

   "Here. You must be hungry," I said.
   "Why are you giving me this?"
   "Because you're hungry. Go on." The boy quickly take the bread and the yogurt and eat it the very fast.

   "Thanks. What's your name," ask the boy. Not even start with my sentence, I saw Alfred's car suddenly came. "I'm sorry. I gotta go." I ran back into the Cafe and Alfred is already waiting for me, I can see he's holding the purple yam pie that Anna's Uncle made. I could've sworn back then that I saw that boy before, but where though?