Ch. 23

"Okay quick talk, how do you know me?" "Calm down! You're like interrogating me instead of asking. It's not that simple, I just know you." "Where? When? Who? How?" "From my master?" "Your master? The one who taught you magic?" "Yeah. So, your name is Boston Brand, you're a former circus acrobat who killed during trapeze performance by an unknown assailant and you became like this because the Hindu Goddess gave your spirit a power to posses any living being."

   "You got it all right. Who are you exactly?" "My name's Alisa Carlyle. Do you realize that you're stepping into Wayne Manor right now?" "Okay, I'm sorry that I'm tresspass into this manor, but I need Batman's help." "Batman? He's not live here." "Okay, I see what you did there. Don't worry, I know Bruce Wayne is Batman, I've benn stalking him for few days." "What for?" "I need his help for something." "He's not here during noon. I tell you what, forget that you meet me here, you keep this meeting in secret, don't tell anyone especially Batman that I have magic power while I tell you where Batman is." "Deal."

   With our agreement, I tell Deadman where Batman is; he said thank you and promised himself that he won't tell anyone about this meeting. I can't believe I'm meeting Deadman for real, poor thing that he only had a few cameo in animation so that made him not famous around people. Now that he's gone, I'm going to take a short nap. 2 hours later, I finally woke up and feel refreshed. I got out from my room and looking for anyone in case Bruce and Dick are home already. "Miss Alisa, how was your nap?" "I feel refreshed, thank you so much for the tea Alfred." "You are very welcome, miss Alisa." "Is anyone home yet?" "Sad to say miss Alisa, but no one's arrived yet." "I see. Then I'll be in the library if you're looking for me."

   I went to the library and picked several novel—mostly about historical. I suddenly remembering about past two days, it's been hell of a day; to think that I encountered with something unusual yet that one of them is unexpected event; yesterday, the vision about Teen Titans and now I met Deadman. Even in my previous life I wouldn't hope something incredible happen, even the slightest moment that I wished it was happen didn't show up.

   I realized that living in this universe made me much more active than the previous one. I used to be a lone wolf—no social skills, no friends, and not even a close colleague. I always have a low self esteem because truthfully, I'm afraid of people because of domestic violence that I received from both of my parents. An hour passed by, after reading so many novels, I unconsciously feel tired; knowing that I would fall asleep here, instead I went to my room, I decided to take a stroll even though I already did that so many times since I arrived at this world.

   Maybe Dick would probably tired of the whole mansion, including the view of the hills and others as well, but I won't. I always love interiors outside manor because not only is beautiful, but it's soothing and calming, as if it's I'm bound to a nature. After 10 minutes of strolling, I go to the mansion and I can see from the outside that Bruce and Dick have arrived.

   "Uncle Bruce, Dick, Welcome home!"
   "Alisa," Dick said, "we bought a pizza for you—large pepperoni pie with cheesey crust."
   "Really? Thank you. Let's eat together then."

   When Bruce and Dick are away, they always buy something for me—either it's a food or souvenir; I always told them that it's okay not to buy me everything, but they're insist to. "Alisa, what do you do after this?" Dick said. "I wanna do my homework, I almost forgot I had one." "Shall I lend you a hand?" "It's okay Dick, I can do by myself." "Alright, call me if you need help." After I finished my last slice of pizza, I go straight to my room; before I could enter, I can hear sound of someone talking—it's not Alfred or Bruce, it's almost sound like he's s calling my name. I took a peek and it's Deadman again.

   "Deadman?! You're back?"
   "Hey, I was just looking for you."
   "You better not steal one of my stuff!"

   "No, no, no, I won't. Infact, I'm more curious about you. So I ask Rama Kushna after I went to Hall of Justice, and I found something interesting about you: you're not from here, are you? What I meant 'here' is in this universe." I can't believe Rama Kushna herself already know about my existence. All this time I thought that I'm under a low surveillance since I'm new in this universe and learning magic. "And you're not alone, are you? Show me your spirit Guardian, Nitras." "You meant no harm right after Nitras show up?" "No, no, no, trust me, I'm the good guy." "Because today you still sound like you're interrogating me instead of asking nicely." "I'm sorry then if you felt that way." "Okay. Don't worry, I know you're a good guy. Fine then, Nitras, you can come out now!"

   As soon as Nitras came out, his face became suspicious as if I'm being threatened by a stranger. "Deadman, what business do you have with my contractor?" "So you're Nitras, eh? Nice to meet you, I'm Deadman. But you knew that." "Anyone who come to my contractor's lair without her permission is considered intruder to me." "Hey, I already got a permission from her so please don't get mad at me." "It's alright Nitras," I said, "I know who he is so you can just relax."
"See? She's understand it." After a long argument between Nitras and Deadman, I explain almost everything about me; I even ask about Rama Kushna: how did she know who I am? Is the word spread that I'm not from this universe? I'm gonna have to ask Doctor Fate when I'm on training.