7

Cora's POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Why would he lie. He said he'd be here what the hell happened. Greyson hasn't been here for the past two days and I'm worried. What if something bad happened to him.

I'm stressing it's been forty eight hours since I've seen him.

My instincts tell me something I don't want to believe. I kept pacing around the room.

"Sis chill out already he might be sick. You're just whipped. He's probably fine" Cole said.

He's right I am. I'd do anything for Greyson and I've only known him for a day and known about him for three days.

"I am not" I yell because I'd never admit it.

"What's going on here" my mom Ella asks as she enters the room.
My mom is super sweet and her and my dad meet when they were about mine and Greyson's age.

My mom was my dads princess and still is but he knew that she would be his someday.

My dad on the other hand is sweet to his family but can be cold and vicious. He's the leader of our mafia. It's an inherited role and I'm the eldest child so I'll be inheriting it. Everyone is like a family, blood related or not. Though my siblings are going to help as well.

"May I repeat it again why are you two yelling" my mom asked a bit more sternly.

Cole smirked and raised and eyebrow. That little bitch

"Don't you fucking dare you little shit" I growl out

"Mamma Cora has a boyfriend and she's already whipped." He says in a sing song voice.

"Go to hell you devious little bitch" I snarl while my mom squeals. I haven't had a boyfriend before because people are scared of my many many male family members. And the mafia. That too.

"Oh honey I'm so happy." She squeals again. Oh here we go.

"You're not mad" Cole asks in disbelief

"No and next time don't be a little rat" mom says sassily. I just laughed. That's karma in action.

"Who's being a rat now" I hear the gruff voice of my father. That is also the most common insult my mom uses. She doesn't curse much so it's a substitute but when she does curse she'll start rolling heads and so will my dad.

"One of your precious children." She side eyes Cole the she coughs "Cole"

"Mom" he whines.

"Don't you dare unless you want to wash all the clothes for everyone for a week."

He huffs but keeps his mouth shut.

"Anyway" dad breathes out "do you know the politician and his son that recently moved here" I jump

"What about it" I say quickly. I look to Cole and he shares the same look. Did something happen to Greyson.

"Cora what do you know on that family" dad asks sternly

"Why" I breathe out.

"He made a threat to us. We're gonna do a raid soon and if you have any information I need to know"

"When"

"Tomorrow at midnight." If Greyson is in there I need to get him out.

"I'm coming and there's no stoping me. No way in hell is anyone gonna stop me all people in my way be damned. Let's go Cole" I say grabbing his arm and dragging him to my room. As we leave I hear my mom laugh to my dads stunned face.

"She's just like you" mom laughs.

I drag Cole until we get into my room.

I throw a book at him

"Jesus woman calm the fuck down" he screams.

I punch the wall and scream ,but not in pain but in anger.

In the mafia world finding your significant other is a super special thing. Mostly we refur to them as a prince or princess. And I think Greyson is my prince.

"I'm sure he's fine." Cole tried to calm me down while cutting me out of my own thoughts.

My hand is bleeding and I think I split a knuckle or two. I break down sobbing. I most definitely like Greyson I have since I saw him but if I don't get to him fast enough tomorrow my fathers men could kill and torture him for information on his dad. Also the pain from punching the wall kicks in.

Cole runs out of my room and gets my mom.

She runs into my room and calls for my dad. Great more people.

"Luca pick her up and bring her to the bathroom and set her on the counter top, I'll go get bandages keep her calm." Mom rushes out.

Dad does just that and sets me on the counter.

"Hey princess. Can you please calm down for me. Do our breathing exercises. In. Out. And repeat." I start breathing like he used to coach me when I was little.

Once calm mom walks in with the bandages for my hand to stop the bleeding.

"You know the drill" she softly said. I've gotten to fights where my hands have gotten like this. From training ,sparing ,you name it. Once the bleeding stops I can put bandaids on and go about my usual life.

"Now why'd you punch the wall" my dad asked gently.

"Did Cole do something" dad persisted

"No dad. I think I found my prince." I blurt out.
"And he's the son of that politician you're going to raid in two days." I stress while the realization comes to his face.

"His first day he got into a fight and I took him to Nona's restaurant" mom snickered

"Runs in the family" she kept quietly laughing to herself.

"He got kicked in the ribs and I had checked his side. When I did he had so many faded bruises. I think his father might have something to do with that."

"Alright during the raid we'll find him at the house or not and we'll bring him to HQ. If he needs anything he'll get it. Medics and medical attention he'll have it" my dad told me. Although he looks skeptical of liking Greyson since he's never met him.

"I'll be on stand by if needed. We'll find him honey" my mom told me rubbing my shoulder.

We're coming Greyson.