12

Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•

While I had entered the gym before I had say a bathroom close to the middle while Cora was in the back. The gym was the size of a real gym and I took her to the bathroom and sat her on the counter.

"Hey. It's ok. Just breathe. Ok"

"Ok" she mumbles.

"Where is the medical kit. Antiseptic bandages. Anything" I ask not knowing.

"My mom should be coming she usually does." She said.

"Here honey I'll show you and let you do it. You'll need to know what to do. She's just like her father. Impulsive and emotional not thinking things through." She aimed at her daughter. "And please call me Ella." Her mom smiled while Cora just glared at her mother clearly not pleased with the comment.

Ella has shown me where everything was and I didn't need further instruction. I had cleaned her cuts and saw she spilt her knuckles.

Cora hissed in slight pain when I applied the antiseptic and I just finished wrapping her hands up.

I pick her up from the counter and go to place her pin the ground but she whined when her feet were about to tough the ground.

I keep her in my arms and carry her to her room. Her mom had shows me where it is and I saw it had been cleaned based on how she said it was earlier.

I tell Ella thank you and set Cora down on her bed with me sitting on the edge.

"I'm so sorry." She mumbles.

"Why are you sorry. You did nothing wrong" i say laying down next to her rubbing her cheek with my thumb.

"I upset you. I reminded you of something bad and I hurt you." She said.

"It's ok. I'm not as fragile as you think. Yes I may be the boy with anxiety and afraid of my father and no mother and even been abused by my father. And yes you have seen me at my worst but I'm not a china doll. I won't break the second I get hurt. I'll always get back up and live my life. I'm ok I promise." I basically just spilled my worst secrets but the funny part is I don't care. I trust her with them.

She smiles. "You'll do nicely here." She then cuddles into my side.

"What did I remind you of" she suddenly asked.

"My mother. The day she killed herself." I take a deep breath.

"The day she killed herself my dad and her had gotten into an argument. She had been cutting that day and lost lots of blood prior. She then went into the in kitchen the penthouse I was living in before I moved here and I went in to her holding a knife to her wrist. She told me to leave and that she loves me. She slit her wrist when she thought I left but I was watching from the crack in the kitchen door. She died at the hospital. And I never had parents after that again. I had lost my father. Even if he was nicer to me I had a father up until that point." I say tears pricking in my eyes.

Cora then shifts in the bed and rests her head on my shoulder while she wipes the tears from my face.

"Shh it's ok. I'm here. Let it out." I start to sob and turn to put my face in the crook of her neck.

We sat like that for a while before we both fell asleep just holding each other. Broken in our own ways. Her afraid of breaking me and me afraid I'll loose someone in my life again.