10

Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I was just standing there my head still down until I heard the knife drop on the island. That's when I looked up.

When I look up I see Cora rush over to me tears streaming down her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around my waist and snuggled her face into my chest while the tears streaming down her face were falling on my shirt.

I was shocked at first but wrapped my arms around her and softly rubbed her back.

I look up to who I assume is her mom when she speaks.

"I'll leave you two alone. It's nice to see you awake Grayson." She gives me a sweet smile and exits the kitchen.

"I was so worried." She says her tears slowly stopping.

"I'm ok."

"It's been almost a week you know. Yesterday the doctor saw signs of you waking up so we transferred you to your room." I silently gasp when I heard that. I was out for a week.

"You were worried"

She lightly hits me. It doesn't cause me pain since it was meant as an affectionate gesture.

"Of course I was don't be stupid. I-I really like you Greyson" she says the last part while blushing and looking down.

I guide her face up to look at me not knowing where this sudden burst of confidence came from.

"I like when you blush you look cute" I confess blushing a little myself.

"Come on. Let's go to the living room. You should be taking it easy doctors orders." She untangles herself from our embrace and takes my wrist leading me back to the living room.

"Sit anywhere you like" she says smiles slightly. There was a small couch right in front of me with Cole on it.

I sit down on the couch and Cora walks over.

"May I" she asks.

I'm confused because I don't know what she's asking.

Cole seamed to see my confusion and answered

"She's asking to sit on your lap." He clarifies

Oh.

"U-uh sure" I stutter getting nervous. I've never done anything like this with a girl before.

She slowly sits on my lap trying not to rush things and give me an operrunity to reject it while lays her legs across Cole once she was completely seated.

"Do you mind I'm sitting here" Cole says perturbed about Cora's legs.

"I do and you look like a nice foot rest."

"Bitch" Cole mumbles

"Asshole" she said and flicked his forehead

I laugh slightly at their childish antics.

Cora then looks at me and smiles.

"Ok so I know it's a lot right now but I'm going to tell you who everyone is and then we have to go see the doctor okay?" She asked me.

"Ok"

"So you know the asshole next to us." I silently laugh  " on the couch in the middle of the room are my twin brothers and one of my sisters. My twin brothers are Alex and Austin the my sister Hunter next to them and Zoe is on the floor by Hunter's legs. Then there are my cousins on the other couch. Those are my uncle Gio's kids. You've met Cassie and Cameron and that's their little sister." The room emptied out a bit while I was in the kitchen.

I try and remember everyone's names. And for the most part I can but her twin brothers are identical and I'm not sure how to tell them apart just yet.

We sit there and I just absorb what is being said for the next ten minutes. After that Cora gets off my lap and offers me her hand. I guess it's time to visit the doctor.

We walk to the other side of the house and to a white medical looking room. I was expecting to have to leave the house for this.

She then opens a door and tells me to sit in a chair.

"Wait right here I'm going to go get the doctor." She instructs.

About five minutes later based by the clock in the room she renters with a middle aged man behind her.

"This is Doctor Rodriguez" she tells me and has a seat on the other side of me.

"Hi Greyson as you know I'm doctor Rodriguez I have a few questions and I'm going to need to check your stitching."

Stitches?

"Do you have any nausea, headaches, stomach cramping anything you're concerned about" he asked me.

"My head hurts a bit. It was worse before to the point I was dizzy but I'm better now." I respond.

"Is there still any pain" he asked.

"A bit." I answer honestly.

"Alright. Cora can you give him some aspirin later then" he asks. Cora just hummed in agreement.

"Now Greyson is it alright if you take off your shirt" he asks

"Um" I say unsurely.

I turn to Cora for help

"It's ok. Noting bad is going to happen. I'm right here if you need anything" Cora tells me with a reassuring smile.

I then nod and stand up going where the doctor instructs me and take off my shirt.

I feel him remove something that I think are bandages.

"Alright your stitches look good and there is no signs of infection so I'll rebandage them now and you may go. But you do have to come back in a week so I can remove them for you" Doctor Rodriguez tells me. I nod and he leaves the room.

"Greyson. I have to tell you something and you have to promise not to freak out okay it will explain everything. Starting from why there's a doctors office in my house to what HQ meant the night we rescued you." I look over to her and take the seat I was in earlier.

"I can't make promises like that but I promise to try my best not to freak out."

"Ok" she sighed

"What is it. You can tell me." I say trying to calm her down.

"My family and I. We-We're part of the Italian mafia. Well more like we run it. I'm also going to be the don in a few years."

What the fuck did I get myself into. What the fuck did my dad get me into.