19

Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Cora and I were just laying in my room after the whole thing with her family.

"I'm sorry I'm like this." I mumble suddenly. It was true if I didn't get panic attacks as often as I did I think her life would be a lot easier.

She pulled herself up slightly and looked me in the eyes.

"Don't say that. You are who you are and we're all a little broken inside or out ,it doesn't matter everyone is broken in their own way you're not alone. Even I'm broken too" she said cupping my cheek in her small hand.

I smile.

"There's a carnival coming around tomorrow in Central Park and my family always goes want to come with after you get your stitches removed" my stitches? Oh right. I completely forgot about them. I guess it's been a week.

"Sure" I smile and she did too.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Three months later

Greysons POV

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

It's been three months of bliss with Cora and a lot has happened.

Firstly after the carnival Cora talked to me about training in more ways then one. One was the working out and physical side of training while the other was breathing exercises and ways to calm myself down if Cora isn't there.

I have put on slight muscle though it's barely noticeable I can still protect myself and I'm a lot stronger then I look. I still look the same. It's only been three months and hell a year from now I don't see myself gaining any noticeably muscle on my arms or body anytime soon.

Another thing is that Ella had been helping me with learning to do more things like cooking.

While we made dinner some nights we would talk about anything and everything. She was also the one to help me with basically what everyone is avoiding to call a therapy session.

I've grown more confident but no where near as confident as Cora, Cole or anyone living in this house.

I'm currently sitting at the island in the kitchen doing homework

I feel small arms wrap around my side.

"Hi" the angelic voice said.

"Hey" I said turning my attention away from the evil math my teacher had assigned to Cora.

"So I was wondering since Christmas is coming up we could do something just the two of us for a day." She smiled.

"And that is" I ask planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Well my family usually goes on a ski trip for a few days in Vermont and we could either stay here or go with. I didn't want to make the decision for you and you totally don't have to go and what ever your decision I'll stay with you"

"It sounds nice. I'll think about it" I said giving her a smile and going back to the homework that gives me a headache.
_________________

"Greyson honey can you come into the kitchen" Ella said while I was in the other room with Coras cousins from her moms side. They're all fun and so are her cousins from her dads side.

I get up and walk into the kitchen.

"You wanted me Ella"

"Yes. Can you help me with dinner please."

I smile

"Of course."

"So how was school today" she said grabbing a knife and cutting board from their respective places around the kitchen.

"Good. Can I ask you something" I want to ask her something about my mom but I was afraid of her reaction or of her answer.

"What was my mom like" I blurt out. This looked like it had taken her by surprise.

She looked deep in thought before she spoke again.

"She was much like you she didn't have much of your features but you do have her eyes and her black wavy hair. Her smile could light up a room much like yours and she was very sweet and considerate just like you are." Ella seamed to reminisce in the memory of my mother.

"She was a very dear friend of mine. And I remember when she was pregnant with you. She was the most radiant. She was so happy to be pregnant. She wanted a son. She wanted you to always be loved and so did she. She wanted to be loved by her child. I remember when you were about five she contacted me. She sent me a picture of you saying how happy you made her. She loved you more then words can know and now...." Ella cut herself off.

"What do you mean now" I ask confused.

"Now you are the embodiment of the love and hope and all things good she had." Ella looked like she was keeping something from me but I got more of an answer then I expected so I'll drop it for now.

After that we went back into a comfortable silence while preparing the rest of dinner.

But I couldn't help but think what my mother would think of me if she was alive right now.