20

Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I was so ready to throw my math book at the wall at this point. One thing I did figure out was that I was going to tell Cora that I would go up to Vermont with her family for the holidays. Though I don't know how to ski or snow board either I could learn or just do something else.

I walk up the stairs and down the hall and knock on the door.

After a few minutes I hear a faint

'come in'

I go in and see her laying on her bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Hey"

"Um I thought about the whole Vermont thing" i said.

She then sits up

"You want to know what really bothers me" she started "when people go back on their promises and are so petty it's annoying" she says.

I sit down next to her on the bed.

"What happened" I said and I gently rubbed her back.

"It's nothing. I had. Key word had mind you a deal with the Sicilians and they had a deal with the Russians and the Russians went back on that agreement so the Sicilians had to go back on our deal and I'm just I can't.  But what up with you" she huffed

"Just wanted to ask what I should bring to Vermont" I asked with a smile

She smiled back and hugged me tightly.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
After trip
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Vermont was amazing Cora and I had some time to just relax together for the vacation and Christmas Eve was in just a two short days.

Currently Cora and I were thinking of things to do for the surprise party for Ella considering that her birthday is on Christmas Eve.

"How bout for the cake a picture of the family on her favorite type of cake" I asked

"That could work but I don't think anybody is going to do that on a cheesecake"

"Ok how about a cheesecake and we make her a photo album" I said bouncing some ideas off.

"That's perfect. Now let's go gift shopping" she said with a smile. I went out a few days after the trip to Vermont with Cole to get my gift for Cora and i think it's beautiful and I hope she'll like it.

After we ordered the cheesecake for Ella's birthday we found photos from albums to on flash drives thanks to the help of Luca.

Once done we looked through it together. Cora and I had done a nice job now all we had to do was wrap it up for Ella and give it to her on her birthday everything was right on schedule.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

It was now Christmas Day and the day after Ella's birthday. She really did enjoy the photo album and the cake even more. We got it from Coras Nonas restaurant since it was Ella's favorite and I could see why.

We all spent the morning opening gifts which I felt guilty for because I told them I didn't want or need anything.

Cora sat on my lap while I was on the floor. She opens presents while I had my arms wrapped around her waist.

"Come on I have a present for you." I said quietly into her ear. I got up and she followed me into the kitchen. She giggled and followed behind me.

I took the necklace I got engraved for her out of its hiding place and handed her the nicely wrapped box.

She gasped when she unwrapped the paper and opened the jewelry box.

It was two silver loops that intertwined with the words engraved

"Forever yours -G"

She launched herself into my arms and hugged me.

"Thank you" she whispered.

Everyone was happy and content. Yet it never lasts long. We heard a crash in the other room and immediately ran in.

The window was smashed and a brick lay on the carpet letting cold air seep in from the broken window.

"Enjoy the peace while it lasts. I'm coming for him
          -CS"

I froze when I saw the note everyone was trying to hide from me

My dad was coming for me.